Chapter 20

"Everyone meet at the podium, all together!" Wilburs voice rings out. I'm already feeling uneasy. Dream quickly pulls me aside when everyone left.

"Hey, are you ok? Did Schlatt do anything to you?" He asks with anger and concern in his voice. I look down.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Nothing happened." I say a little too quickly.

"Y/n." It's clear that Dream isn't buying it. "What did he do?"

I hesitate. "He tried to kiss and touch me..." I admit, not making eye contact with Dream. This is embarrassing enough. Dream clenches his jaw and his fists ball up. His arm wraps protectively around my shoulder and I lean into him.

"I'm sorry, I should've..." Dream starts and trails off.

"Let's go Dream, it's ok," I say as convincingly as possible, breaking the silence. He pulls away from our hug, and we all gather around the podium. Wilbur goes onto the stage and begins his speech.

"Thank you all for gathering here, Schlatt has been dethroned and is now dead. We need a new ruler, a new leader. As much as I'd like to, I can't be the President, but I have someone perfect for the job... Tommy come on up here!" Wilbur finishes, Tommy looks at Wilbur with wide eyes. He quickly runs on up to the podium. Tommy smiles widely.

"Hello everyone!" He pauses and laughs. "It looks like we've won!" The crowd cheers and claps.

"We did it! We won!" Tubbo yells, I clap and smile.

"Even after the tyranny, the hardships we've been through..." His gaze lands on Wilbur, Tubbo, and I. "Wilbur, Tubbo, Y/n...it was meant to be!" He pauses, "Thank you, Wilbur, thank you, everyone, for making me the president, but..." Tommy's eyes sweep over all of us and he sighs. "I can't be the president." The crowd gasps.

"As much as this would've been everything... I've still got unfinished business." His eyes land on Dream. "Because you've still got those disks, and I can't do this until we're done." He nods to Wilbur. "Wilbur, until I've got those disks back, I can't accept. It's not fair for me to take my place in L'manburg. So as my first and last act of presidency, I choose to give my place to..." Tommy smiles at Tubbo who's grinning widely. "Tubbo." Tubbo looks up at Tommy with a look of shock.

"Wha- me?" He asks, confused. Tommy laughs.

"Yes, you!"

Tubbo quickly jumps up from his place and rushes up to the podium. Tubbo takes Tommy's place as he stands back.

"Ok. Well, I've been out on the spot here, I didn't expect this!" Tubbo chuckles. "Friends and enemies, everyone here is brought together!" The crowd erupts in cheers for Tubbo. "I will gladly take Tommy's position as President, thank you, Tommy!" Tubbo says as he ends his speech. Suddenly Techno stands up from his seat.

"I didn't spend WEEKS planning and preparing for this revolution, only for you to instill a new government IMMEDIATELY!" He roars and takes out his weapons. Then chaos breaks loose. Techno begins attacking everyone in sight. I look around and then it hits me, Wilbur is gone. Where is Wilbur? I scan the crowd, he's nowhere to be seen. Schlatt's words ring in my head over and over, "Wilbur's the traitor." I run away from the crowd. I see Dream shoot me a concerned look, but he's too busy with all the fighting to chase me. I ignore him and run to the hill behind the podium. I search for Wilbur, there's no way he's the traitor... I hear cursing and quickly follow the sound of the voice. On the side of the mountain was a room, I walk in and see Wilbur.

"Wilbur, what are you doing?!" Wilbur turns and looks at me in shock. He smiles, a weird glint in his eyes.

"Ah, y/n! My favorite sister!" Wilbur laughs. "You've figured it out haven't you?" I don't want to believe it.

"Wilbur there's no way... you're the-" I start, shaking my head in disbelief. He cuts me off.

"Traitor. Yes." Wilbur says calmly, still smiling widely. "And I'm going to blow L'manburg up!"

"What?! You can't do that!" I protest. He grins and reveals a button behind him.

"All I have to do is press this, and all the TNT will be triggered." His voice is dangerously calm.

"Please, Wilbur, you can't! Why are you doing this? You're the one who built L'manburg!" I ask, confused.

"I have nothing left to lose!" He shrugs. "Nothing can stop me from doing whatever the hell I want."

"No, Wilbur, you're my brother. You can't do this!" I plead as I take out my ax. "Wilbur, I won't hesitate to fight you if it means saving L'manburg." I know I can't bring myself to hurt my own brother, but I can't let him blow everything and everyone I care for up.

"If I can't have L'manburg, no one can!" He growls as I approach him, ax in hand.

"Wilbur, please step away from the button." Wilbur doesn't budge. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn to see Dream.

"Dream, this is insane! WIlbur's the traitor!" I say frantically. Dream cuts me off,

"Y/n, I know..." Dream says, I give him a confused look. Wilbur laughs.

"Oh, Dream was the one who supplied me with all the explosives! He was in on it the whole time!" I look at Dream in shock.

"It's true, y/n. I told you didn't I? I said today we were enemies. I told you that I didn't care if L'manburg was burnt to the ground or exploded to bits!" I can't believe Dream, even though what he said was true. But it still hurts. He told me he loved me...

"Dream, how could you?!" I can't help but feel angry. "This is my home- L'manburg is my home!" I turn to Wilbur. "And my own brother betrays me!" I spit. Wilbur only shakes his head. Dream grabs my shoulders and drags me out of the room. I struggle to get out of his grasp.

"Y/n, stop! You can't stay in there, you'll get hurt!" Dream shouts.

"No, Dream! Let me go, I have to stop Wilbur!" A tear rolls down my cheek as Dream's grip on me tightens.

"Y/n, just know I'm doing this for us. L'manburg will never be the same. I love you, y/n," Wilbur says as hot tears stream down my face.

"It was like Eret once said." Wilbur looks at me. No, no, no.

"Wilbur, please! Get out of there, you'll die!" I plead desperately. I feel a lump in my throat. I see Wilbur's sad smile as he presses the button.

"It was never meant to be."

Author's note: Please tell me I'm not the only one crying. Please. Hope you guys liked this chapter, please vote! Again, thank you so much for all the support, I love you guys! <3