Chapter 57

"So, this is what I want you to do..." I stare at Dream in shock. I hold my ax ready, even though we have no chance. "No, y/n. Drop the ax."

"You're not gonna kill me," I say, my voice cold. I grip the ax tightly. I can see Dream's smirk from under his mask.

"I'm not gonna kill you," Dream swings his axe at Tubbo, causing a deep gash on his shoulder.

Tubbo lets out a gasp and grips his wound tightly as blood starts to seep through the fabric of his shirt. He only has a netherite helmet on. Dream advances on him. Before anything else happens, I throw my axe on the ground.

"Okay, take it!" I say frantically. I can't let him kill Tubbo.

"Thank you," he says, picking it up. With his shovel he starts digging a deep hole in the ground. I stare at it in confusion, Tommy takes a step back and curses under his breath.

"Alright, drop your stuff in the hole. One by one. Tubbo, you first." Dream orders. I see a look of pure terror cross Tommy's face and his breath quickens. What's up with him? Why's he so scared of it?

"Tubbo. Drop your stuff in the hole." Dream repeats with more force. Tubbo looks down at the hole hesitantly. "Tubbo!" Dream growls as he takes another swing at him. Tubbo shrieks as he makes an attempt to cover himself from the blows.

"Dream, stop!" I shout. Dream strikes another blow, hitting Tubbo. "Dream please don't hurt him!" Dream ignores me, instead bringing down his axe again. Tubbo falls to the ground, covering his head with his hands. Tubbo let's out a scream of pain, I try to run towards him but Tommy grabs my arm.

"Y/n, you'll only make it worse!" Tommy yells, I want to argue but I know he's right. I hear Tubbo let out another scream. "Don't hurt him anymore! He's my best friend, Dream! Please!" I yell again, tears prick at my eyes. With every hit, I feel my heart lurch in my chest. With every gasp Tubbo takes I fear it might be his last.

"I told you, I'm not playing around anymore." Dream's voice is dangerously low, as he steps back.

"Okay, okay, okay, okay!" Tubbo gasps out frantically, taking shaky breaths. He stands up weakly, barely able to sustain himself. Full of deep cuts and splatters of blood across his body.

"Tubbo. I'll ask this one more time. Put your stuff in the hole, now."

Tubbo quickly takes off his helmet and throws it into the hole, he throws in the diamond sword too. With every movement he makes, he lets out a wince. Tubbo backs away hastily, crumpling to the ground in a bloody mess. Dream stands beside Tubbo, axe in hand.

"Tommy," Dream turns to Tommy. "Put your stuff in the hole or I'm gonna kill Tubbo." His voice is dangerously calm, sending shivers down my spine with each word.

Tommy looks at Tubbo then at the hole, seemingly contemplating his options. Dream takes a step closer to Tubbo, lifting his ax, and Tommy quickly starts to throw his things into the hole.

"Y/n, you too. Same deal." Dream says, turning to me. With no hesitation, I start to drop everything on me into the hole. I look down at the bow and arrow in my hands. It was Dream's, he'd given it to me a while back. I stare at it and look up at Dream.

"All of it." He says, though his voice hardens (like clay 😏) as if trying to forget. I drop the bow and arrow into the hole and back away. Dream places TNT in the hole and shoots it with a fire tipped arrow.

"No... no..." Tubbo rasps out quietly.

"No!" Tommy whispers, his blue eyes watery with tears. We all step back as the TNT explodes, blowing up all our things.