Chapter 49

Y/n's POV:

My shouting and struggling against Ranboo's grasp quickly stops once we reach L'manburg. I go limp from shock, L'manburg is in wreckage. Withers are flying in the sky, fire rages over some parts of the land. Many of the buildings are destroyed, craters everywhere. Huge obsidian grids loom over L'manburg. I look up at them. Hatred crosses my face as I realize it's TechnoBlade and Dream standing atop. 

Ranboo's hold on me weakens. I take my chance and break free from his grip. I have no armor or weapons, I've got to be careful. I scan the battlefield and notice Tubbo sitting in the corner, leaning against the wall of a hill. He looks like he saw a ghost. I run over to him, avoiding the raining arrows and fire. Screams and yells echo across L'manburg. I can hear Techno yelling out commands and the shouts of my friends fighting back.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" Tubbo asks warily. "You betrayed us!" 

"Betrayed you? No! I was held hostage, it was Dream!" I defend myself hurriedly as I approach him. I take a closer look at Tubbo. "There's no time to explain-" I pause, noticing the fresh cuts and gash running down his face. 

"Tubbo, what happened?" I ask in confusion, he still has a look of shock on his face.

"Dream," He says shakily, brushing the grime off his armor. My jaw clenches. Dream hurt Tubbo? I shift my attention back to Tubbo as he hands me a netherite sword, helmet, and chest plate from the wreckage. It isn't much, but it'll have to do for now.

"C'mon. We have to keep fighting. For L'manburg." Tubbo says firmly even though his eyes are glazed with exhaustion. I look at what's left of L'manburg. This isn't over, we can still win. Why did Dream even keep me hostage in the first place? I could've helped L'manburg! I glance up at Dream standing on the grids with TechnoBlade. They both look down on me, Dream looks shocked, meanwhile a smile creeps at Techno's lips.

"Ah y/n, what a surprise to see you here!" Techno booms, taking out his crossbow. TechnoBlade climbs down, landing on the platform below. Tubbo joins me, side by side. Withers fly over us, everyone is trying to focus on one at a time. The withers shoot explosives everywhere, causing even more chaos. TechnoBlade laughs lowly, I see Tubbo glaring at Dream out of the corner of my eye. Techno takes out his crossbow, aiming it at me. Before anything can happen I hear Tommy's voice.

"TechnoBlade stop! Don't shoot, look at me!" Tommy shrieks from behind me.

"You had your chance, Tommy," Techno spits, his crossbow still pointed at me.

TechnoBlade's POV:

Tommy takes a step back, still facing me. He quickly steps in front of y/n and Tubbo, shielding them.

"This is between us TechnoBlade, leave my friends out of this." Tommy says defensively, his arms out in front of him as he approaches me cautiously.

"This is more than just your little fight, Tommy!" Dream puts in. "This is between L'manburg and us!" Dream adds, I slowly shift my aim onto Tommy.

"The thing about the discs is that they're mine!" Tommy yells back at Dream.

"You have your discs now Tommy, but not for long!" Dream threatens, standing by my side.

"We could've had a government, you could have let us live!" Tommy shouts, turning on me.

"The government has to be destroyed!" I argue. "The government has to go!"