Chapter 68

Dream's POV:
(2 days after Tommy's death)

"Tommy?" I ask, staring at his motionless body in the corner. This should work. "Wake up," I give him a small nudge. I hear a faint groan and Tommy sits up slowly. He looks at me, blinking rapidly. "You're back," I say as I look him up and down. Tommy stares at me, his eyes wide and fearful.

"Hello?" Tommy's face is full of confusion. He walks around the cell, looking at his hands and patting down his body.

"You okay?" I ask, curiosity taking over. Tommy finally turns to face me, his face suddenly goes pale. He backs away from me, his back against the far wall. I take a step towards him and he instantly covers his head with his hands.

"Dream, no..." he pleads, his eyes full of fear, shock, and confusion. I stay still and Tommy stares at me, stuttering incoherent words under his breath.

"So, what was it like?" I ask finally, eager to know.

"What- what was what like?" Tommy still has that same troubled and confused look on his face. He seems as if he isn't really here.

"What was it like?" I ask again, curiously.

"I- it uh," Tommy stammers, trying to regain his composure. "Dark." Tommy shakes his head, looking up at me. "Dream, it was so dark... and cold," Tommy adds quietly. He seems on the verge of tears.

"It was dark?" I question, his explanation piquing my interest. "Were others there?" I throw more questions at him.

"There's was... Schlatt-" I cut him off with another question.

"You saw Schlatt?! You talked to Schlatt?" My eyes light up in interest, Tommy nods slowly. "What did it feel like?"

"What did what feel like?" Tommy fixes me with a look of pure confusion.

"Death," I exclaim, beaming widely. Tommy takes a step back, shaking his head at me.

"Y-you are a fucking monster..." Tommy mutters, a horrified look on his face.

"What did it feel like?" I repeat persistently, walking up to him. "Tommy, no one has ever been dead and revived again before. I've never tried the revived book until now." I explain, still staring at Tommy in awe.

"Death..." Tommy trails off, closing his eyes shut tightly. "Death feels like your taken apart and put back together again, and then pulled back apart, its like I don't know what's real anymore." Tommy opens his eyes, looking at me. I give him a small nudge, Tommy jumps back staring at me with wide eyes.

"Oh, no, don't ever do that! Don't ever do that!" Tommy yells, backing away towards the lava. I walk towards him, and he continues backing away. "No, Dream stay back! Please, no, no, no!" Tommy shouts, almost walking right into the wall of burning lava.

"Tommy, watch out with the lava. I'm not going to hurt you," I say, stepping back. "Ok so, who else was there?" I ask.

"There was... there was Wilbur." Suddenly the color drains from Tommy's face. "Do you remember what Wilbur's like?" Tommy asks his head in his hands.

"Oh yes," I grin. "Wilbur was so much fun, such a shame he died for that stupid little country." I shrug and look at Tommy, his mouth agape.

"Wilbur is not fun. Wilbur never will be-" Tommy breaks off as a sudden loud noise startles him. He flinches and looks around. "What the fuck was that? We're still in the prison..."

"Yeah, nothings changed except that everyone thinks your dead," I reply, Tommy looks down at his hands in shock.

"I was dead, I was dead!" He exclaims softly, blinking hard. He looks up at me, "you killed me-"