Chapter 36

9 days later

Today is January 4th. I'd gone back to staying in L'manburg for a while. I thought Dream would be fine with it, but I'm not so sure anymore. I need the people of L'manburg to know whose side I'm really on, even if it means leaving Dream for a while. I sigh, Tubbo seems off. I don't know what it is. He's been busy with Quackity, Ranboo, and Fundy lately. He said they were planning another festival, but I know there has to be more to it. Maybe I should go visit Dream, I haven't seen him since the Christmas party. My mind wanders back to that night.

Before I can start thinking about it, I get up and head towards the door. I grab my bow and arrow and go outside. I'll go visit Dream, I decide. I'm at the gates of L'manburg when a voice stops me.

"Hey y/n, where you going?" I turn to see Tubbo.

"Hi Tubbo, I'm just going to visit Dream," I say, trying to sound as casual as possible.

"Dream?" Tubbo questions as he gets closer.

"Yeah, I haven't-" I start but Tubbo cuts me off.

"Why are you going to visit Dream? Do you still have the disks?" Tubbo questions angrily.

"I- yes, I have the disks Tubbo," I say, overwhelmed. Why does he care where I go?

"Stay here in L'manburg with us Y/n, why are you always leaving?" Tubbo interrogates.

"Tubbo, I'm not leaving. I'm just visiting him," I say defensively.

"Are you loyal to L'manburg or not? Stop visiting the enemy. Do you not understand?!" Tubbo pauses, his now cold blue eyes meeting mine. "Dream's the enemy, y/n! It was one thing when he took you against your will but now, you're going because you want to!" 

"Maybe it's because I actually love him!" I retort, I see Tubbo's face flash with hurt for a second.

"I love you, y/n. Look where that got me, I exiled my best-friend for you! And you don't even care..." Tubbo trails off sadly.

"I didn't ask for you to exile Tommy! It doesn't matter anymore, anyway. I'm sorry Tubbo, but you can't stop me from loving who I want!" I reply angrily. I know I'm wrong to blame Tubbo, but I'm sick of fighting with him.

"Y/n, I just don't understand!" Tubbo says with an exasperated sigh.

"Yeah, well, I don't understand you either, Tubbo," I say, shaking my head. We stay in silence for a couple more seconds.

"I need to be alone, and get some air," I whisper, finally walking towards the gates. After this, I'll get ready and go find Dream. Once I'm outside the gates, I break into a sprint, running in the forest. The cool morning air feels good against my skin. I start running faster, the trees whipping past me. I run until the L'manburg walls are barely visible in the distance. I take a deep breath and wait a little longer in the forest. Once I'm ready, I start heading back towards L'manburg.

I'm nearing the gates when suddenly I hear rustling in the bushes. I instantly snap my head in the direction of the noise. On instinct, I unsling my bow and arrow and point it in the direction of the sound.

"Who's there?" I ask cautiously. Out of the brush I see familiar dark yellow eyes.

"TechnoBlade?"What is he doing here? My shock is quickly replaced with anger. "TechnoBlade's what the fuck are you doing here?" 

"Well you see, your friend and I are on our way to L'manburg," Techno says in his normal monotone voice.

"Friend?" I question, as if on cue, Tommy stumbles out of the bushes.

"Tommy?!" I ask in disbelief. What is Tommy doing with TechnoBlade? "You're alive!" I exclaim, I knew he couldn't be dead.

"Yeah, of course I'm alive! I've been with TechnoBlade," Tommy says matter-of-factly.

"Everyone thought you were dead, Dream's been looking for you everywhere. Anyways, what are you doing with TechnoBlade?" I question.

"Well... I've been working with TechnoBlade." Tommy starts, not meeting my gaze. Working with Techno? What is he up to? "Techno offered to help me get my disks back, as long as I help him..." Tommy trails off nervously. Help him what?

"As long as he helps me 'terrorize' L'manburg." Techno finishes with a smug grin.

"What?!" I question angrily, turning on Tommy.

"It's just minor terrorism!" Tommy defends himself quickly.

"Tommy you're doing this for your disks?! You're going to help TechnoBlade destroy L'manburg for disks?" I retort.

"No, wait. Listen y/n-" Tommy starts but I cut him off.

"Everything Wilbur, Tubbo, you, and I built, you're gonna help destroy it?!! Tommy, you can't do this to L'manburg." I say in shock, little does Tommy know, I have the disks.

"The disks give us leverage y/n! Once we have the disks, everything can go back to normal!" Tommy protests. I know that isn't true. 

Techno is merely using Tommy, I know TechnoBlade will stop at nothing to destroy L'manburg. But before I can respond, I see Techno take out a wither skull. My stomach twists in fear, this can't be happening again.

"TechnoBlade..." I warn, hoping somehow I can stop him. He ignores me. "You can't do this again!" I say frantically.

"I can do whatever the hell I want." Techno growls as he approaches the L'manburg walls. Tommy trails behind him hesitantly.

"Tommy, please don't betray L'manburg!" I plead, how could Tommy do this.

"Y/n look who's talking! You're the one always around Dream. Dream made Tubbo exile me! Dream is the one causing all these problems! The disks give me leverage over that green son of a bitch!" Tommy replies in frustration. Techno is placing the soul sand in the all too familiar "T" formation. I quickly run over to him and tug on his cape, he swats me away easily.

"Y/n stop! You're gonna hurt yourself." Tommy warns, I only give him a glare in response. "Y/n this won't destroy L'manburg. It's just minor terrorism!" 

"It's just minor terrorism," Tommy repeats again softly, almost as if he's trying to convince himself.

"Tommy, you're helping with this 'minor terrorism!'" I shout at him. Techno's placing the second wither skull on the soul sand. I quickly attempt to push TechnoBlade away, but he turns on me, taking out his sword.

"Back off y/n, I told you I'd destroy the government. Even if it means I have to kill you and your friends!" Techno sneers and quickly grabs two potions from his pocket. He splashes one of them on me with a sly grin. Instantly everything goes in slow-motion. Shit, he splashed me with a slowness potion. TechnoBlade places the last wither skull. I groan in frustration, I'm helpless. I see Tommy's apologetic look as Techno splashes down invisibility potions on themselves, soon they both disappear. Before the wither can explode to life, I hear Techno's voice.

"Sorry, y/n."