Chapter 8

Stampy

        I quickly untie Sqaishey, and she pulls me into a tight hug. I hold on to her, leaning my head on her shoulder. I'm so happy she isn't hurt. "I missed you," I whisper to her. "I missed you too," she says. We pull away and I stare into her eyes. Her beautiful blue eyes...

        "Stampy!" Ash says, snapping me out of my thoughts. "What is it?" I ask. "Can you help me get this guy up?" he asks, attempting to lift Squid with Nicole. "Oh! Sorry," I apologize. I head over and kneel down next to them. "You know I'm not that strong, right?" I ask him. "Yea, but we can use as much help as we can get," he answers. "Me and Stampy will lift his right arm, Ash, you do the left," Nicole says. "Okay, but we've gotta be careful of his shoulder," I warn her.

        "One, two, three!" Ash says, lifting Squid. As soon as we lift him his eyes snap open and he yells in pain. "Damn, what was that for? I feel like you ripped my arm off my shoulder," he complains. Nicole grabs him and hugs him. He looks at me and raises his eyebrows. Ash smiles and starts to explain what happened. I laugh and look over at Amy, who still has the gun pointed at Jackson. "Amy, are you okay?" I ask her quietly. She looks over at me. "Yea, I'm okay. But I don't like it when people mess with my friends," she says. "Oh. I've never really seen you this...angry before," I tell her. "That's because I've never been this angry before. And Jackson, I don't think you want to see me get any angrier," she adds. He nods quickly.

        "Rosie, can you call the police?" I ask her. She nods and runs out of the room. "And where's Netty?" I ask nervously. "She decided to stay in the car so that if we needed to drive away quickly, we could do that," Lee answers, using his hands as makeshift handcuffs for one of Jackson's friends. "Oh, okay."

Amy

        "Squid, are you okay?" I ask as he comes over to me with Nicole. "Yea, I guess. He beat me up pretty bad when I confronted him, but it was worth it to get Sqaishey out," he says. "I agree. Even though I wouldn't want you risking your life for anything, I'm glad you saved her," Nicole says, smiling. "And I'm glad that you and Lily aren't being choked to death anymore," I say. "Say that again?" Squid exclaims. "Shoot," I say. "Um...I'll explain later, David," Nicole says nervously.

        I look back at Jackson to see...nothing. He's gone. I feel someone grab my hand and put theirs over my mouth. I bite down on their palm, but they just laugh. "I guess I've got this back under control," Jackson says. Stampy and Sqaishey gasp, and Lee and Finnball try to make sure his friends don't escape. Ash goes over to Finnball and tries to help him hold Jackson's friend back. He grabs the gun from out of my hand and points it at Nicole. "Tell your friend not to call anyone," he says. Squid tries to pull her out of the way but Jackson's grip tightens on the gun and he loads it, ready to shoot. Squid backs up reluctantly, shooting Nicole a despaired look. Lily runs out of the room to tell Rosie not to call the police, leaving all of us stuck in a room with a psycho who can't get over his ex.

        I try to stay calm as I stare at my friends' horrified expressions, but it's pretty difficult. "I want all of you to stay quiet. Sit down on the ground, and stay there," he says, still pointing the gun at Nicole. They all back down, except for Lee and Finnball, who are still holding on to Jackson's friends. "I said all of you," he says angrily. Lee looks me straight in the eyes and nods quickly. I reach for Jackson's hand, and grab the gun. I slam it down against his head and he falls down, blood oozing from his forehead. He tries to get up, but I point the gun at his chest. "Amy, you have to do it!" Stampy yells. But...I can't. "Amy, do it!" Lee yells. I can tell he's struggling with the man he was holding on to.

        I put my other hand on the gun, and pull the trigger. The gun comes back at my with surprising force, and I just manage to stop it from hitting me in the forehead. I look down at Jackson to see blood flowing quickly from his non-rising chest. My hands are covered in blood, and I can see the bullet that I shot into his chest, buried within his soft flesh. I turn around to see Nicole pale with shock, Squid hugging her tightly, and Sqaishey crying into Stampy's chest. Jackson's friends seem to have given up struggling, as they sit on the floor helplessly. Lee comes over to me and gives me a hug, but I can't help thinking about what I just did. I killed someone...it was self defense, but...

        "Amy, it's okay. You needed to do it," he says. I whip around and look at him, eyes blazing with anger. "It's not okay! I just killed someone, Lee! How is that okay?" I yell at him. He flinches a bit, but then looks me straight in the eye. "He would've killed all of us, and no one knows what he would've done to Sqaishey," he says quietly. He slowly walks away and goes over to Stampy and Sqaishey, making sure that they're okay. I feel bad about yelling at Lee, it's not his fault. Rosie and Lily come back in, Rosie still holding his telephone. "The police are on their wa- what happened?!" Rosie screams. That was too much. I burst into tears on the spot and run past Rosie and Lily and out of Jackson's house.

There's the murder you were all begging me for. You guys scare me sometimes...anyway! I know this chapter is a bit shorter than normal, but I just got an idea for the next few chapters. Which you guys will probably murder me for...yea. And I don't think I'm going to update tomorrow, as it is my birthday. But I'm going to update A Sqampy Story tonight, so keep an eye out for that! And did you guys watch the Grammys the other day? I loved Maroon 5 and Gwen Stefani's performance. But then again, Maroon 5 is my favorite band. That's all I have for now. Peace out, Kitty Cats!