Chapter 20

Stampy

I groan as Sqaishey places more ice on my forehead, and she smiles sympathetically. "I don't think this prank was the best idea," she says, sitting down on the arm of the couch I'm laying on. "No kidding," I mutter jokingly, rubbing the small black eye Squid caused. She laughs a little and kisses me on the cheek, and I grin. "I feel better when you do that, do it again," I tease. "Shut up," she laughs.

"Crap!" Ash screams from the kitchen, and some smoke comes floating into the room. Since we pranked Ash, Squid, and Amy, we owed them breakfast, but they let me off since I was hurt and needed "special care," as Amy put it. Sqaishey was worried and would check on me whenever she had a break from making eggs. Sqaishey rushes back inside the kitchen, and I hear a bunch of loud noises. "Don't burn the pancakes!" Sqaishey yells at him.

Squid, sitting next to me with Amy and Lee, turns away from his television show and laughs. Nicole comes out of the smoky kitchen, fanning a cloth at the door. "He does not know how to cook," she jokes. "Woooooow," he replies, causing us to burst into laughter. "For your information, these pancakes look amazing, and will taste even better. I think that Nicole's bacon isn't turning out right."

"Oh, give me a break!" Sqaishey laughs, carrying a massive plate of eggs over to the table. Nicole comes back out holding the bacon, and Ash follows carrying his "legendary pancakes." Squid, Amy, and Lee stand up, and I follow them. My phone goes off, and I turn it on to reveal a text from Netty.

"The doctors just finished filling out his discharge papers, and we're about to leave. He's still pretty weak, though."

"Who is that?" Squid asks, cutting his pancakes. "Netty. She said that she and Justin are about to leave the hospital," I say. "Wonderful! Can they come here?" Amy asks. "It's fine with me," I say. I text Netty asking if she'd like to come here and she agrees. "Alright, lets see if Ash's pancakes are as good as he says," I laugh. I take a bite into it.

Wow.

"Oh my God, these are...wow..." I say. They laugh and Squid bites into his. "Mate, these are amazing!" he exclaims. "I told you!" Ash says proudly. We all quickly eat our food, saving some for Justin and Netty, and I already feel so much better. "Ugh, I ate too much," Ash moans. "Me too, but I feel a ton better," I say. "That's great, Kittycake," Sqaishey smiles. The doorbell rings and I hear a few loud knocks along with it. Must be Netty and Justin.

I stand up from the table and go over to the door. I open it to see Justin practically falling asleep standing up, and Netty looking bright eyed and bushy tailed as usual. "Netty had me up at 5 a.m, talking," Justin complains. "Oh give me a break, you enjoyed the company," Netty teases. They walk in and Justin collapses on a pile of blankets, and, within seconds, is snoring loudly. Amy laughs and I sit down, Netty plonking into a chair next to Nicole. "Hungry? I'm guessing that Justin isn't up to eating at the moment," Nicole jokes, glancing over at my sleeping brother. "Yea, I haven't eaten in hours."

I hand her a couple of pancakes, some eggs, and two strips of bacon. "So, the surgery went well?" Sqaishey asks Netty. "Yea, it went fine. He was in some pain when he woke up, though. I was surprised he didn't ask for any painkillers." "I wish he had asked for painkillers! I remember when Nicole had surgery a few years back and she had asked for painkillers, she was hilarious!" Squid laughs, pulling out his phone. "Don't show them that!" Nicole complains, her face turning bright red. Squid grins and starts playing the video.

"Nikki?" He asks from behind the camera. A sleepy looking Nicole opens her eyes and looks at him. "What?" she asks, her words slurred. Her voice is a lot more high-pitched, and she looks and speaks like an innocent child.