Chapter 18

Stampy

I wrap my arm around Sqaishey and smile at her. She's been through so much since we all woke up from the coma, especially because of Jackson. We all head into my apartment and grab heavy coats, then take the stairs down. I still have no idea how I'm going to explain the elevator thing, or if I'm just going to pretend that I don't know at all what happened. She smiles back at me, and I give her a quick kiss on the cheek, making her blush. Why can't we just be a normal couple, which goes out on dates regularly and talks about funny stuff that happens, instead of our friends dying and an evil guy trying to break us up.

We head out to Squid's car and get in, him and Ash in the front and Sqaishey sleeping on my shoulder in the back. "Where are we going to look for them? Back at the park where Squid was?" I ask. "Probably, that's where I lost Lee," Squid answers. "You think they're still...alive? It's already six a.m., they could have frozen to death," Ash says. "Lee can take care of himself, and if Amy were to die, it wouldn't be from freezing," Squid tells him. "I don't think they're dead. I don't know why, I just have a gut feeling that they aren't," I announce. Ash looks back at me. "I have the same feeling, Stamps. It just doesn't feel like they'd be dead," he agrees with me as Squid turns a corner. "I agree with you guys. I can't possibly imagine Lee and Amy dead. They've gotta be alive," Squid replies.

My phone beeps and I turn it on to see a message from Netty.

Justin's okay, he's pretty tired, though. The doctors said that he could leave today.

It says. I read it aloud to Squid and Ash. "That's good, mate. I'm sure he'll be fine," Squid reassures me. "I know. I just feel bad that I didn't get to visit him," I say. "He'll understand, trust me, Buddy." We pull into the park and Squid parks near the front of it. I look out the window and see two silhouettes heading towards us. I unstrap and lay Sqaishey across the seats. She groans a little then smiles, and I laugh.

"Wait here," I say to Squid and Ash. Squid turns the heat up and nods at me. I open the car door and start walking toward the people. "Lee? Amy?" I ask. "Stampy!" Amy yells. I knew they weren't dead! I run to them and see Lee leaning on Amy with a small limp. "Oh my gosh, are you guys okay?" I ask, pulling my jacket off and giving it to Amy. "We're fine," Amy says, pulling my jacket on. I lead them to the car and Squid and Ash jump out. "You guys are okay!" Ash yells happily. "Sorta. I almost froze to death, but Miss Mermaid saved me," Lee says, smiling at Amy. She laughs and they look at each other happily. "I think that Lee and Amy are a thing," I whisper to Squid. "Yea, I think we are," Lee laughs. Amy nods and we get into the car.

Amy and Lee slide in on the other side of Sqaishey, and since there aren't enough seats, I gently lay Sqaishey on my lap. She curls up into a ball and grabs my hand, and I laugh. "She's like a baby!" Amy whispers, giggling. Squid turns the car back on, and I feel a rush of warmth. "So, where are we going?" he asks. "We could just spend the night-well, the rest of the morning- at my house, then go visit my brother," I say. "Okay, cause I'm exhausted," Squid agrees. "Why? I thought you guys were at home," Amy says, confused. "Oh, you have no idea!"

Squid

I pull up at Stampy's apartment just as he and Ash finish telling Amy and Lee what happened when they were gone. "You guys make it sound like we've been away for a week," Lee jokes. "Seems like it," I mumble. We get out of the car, and Stampy lifts Sqaishey up and cradles her in his arms. "She's exhausted," he whispers. "I can tell," I laugh. We walk up the many flights of stairs, Stampy grunting with the extra weight of Sqaishey, and finally get to his house. He lays Sqaishey on the couch carefully then turns to me, the only one who isn't eating all of his food in the kitchen.

"Can you help me get some blankets from upstairs? It doesn't have to be a boring sleepover," he says. I nod and we run up the stairs. He opens a closet by his room, and a ton of blankets fall on top of me. "Stamps!" I complain. I hear him laugh as he shuts the closet to avoid more blanket avalanches. "Who even has this many blankets?" I laugh as I try to get out of the pile of blankets. "Someone who gets very cold and doesn't have enough tea to warm them," he laughs. I finally get out and poke my face through it. He laughs again and opens the closet, and guess what happens that time? "Really, mate!" I laugh. "What's going on?" Lee calls from downstairs. "Just burying Squid in blankets," Stampy responds.

I hear Lee sprint up the stairs, then burst out laughing as he turns the corner. "A little help?" I ask, my voice muffled from the blankets. "Alright," Lee agrees. He and Stampy pull the blankets off me and I jump up. "Finally! I couldn't breathe in there," I exaggerate. I lift up a massive pile of blankets and we head to the stairs. "I have an idea," I say, looking over at Stampy. He nods and drops the blankets. I drop mine and jump onto one of the longer ones he was holding, and he pushes me off, sending me shooting down the stairs. "What's going on?" Ash asks as he walks in front of the stairs. I slam into him, knocking him over, and we burst into laughter. "Really?" he laughs. I nod, unable to speak, and Stampy and Lee carry the blankets down. "That...was amazing," Lee chokes through his laughter. I hear Amy laughing from inside the kitchen, she must've peeked out long enough to see what happened.

I dump some blankets onto Stampy's couch -the one Sqaishey isn't on- and jump onto them. "Let's go to bed, I'm exhausted," I yawn. Amy comes out and we all drag our blankets to where we wanted to sleep. Surprisingly, I got to stay on the couch. I yawn again, and in a few moments, fall asleep.