☔︎𝚆𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎☔︎

The sky was dark and misty, dark clouds filled it, not letting a peep of moonlight through.

The city was quiet, silent almost. There were very few people walking at this hour. It was 11:35 pm after all.

The city had tall buildings, all the lights turned of in them. The lampposts conveniently placed so far away from eachother that there were only periods of light, the rest was almost pitch black.

Sure, you could make out the signs and the lampposts in the distance... But it's not like you could make out where the pavement finished and the road started.

Keeping his head down for most of the journey, the rain dripping on his coat hood, he could hear the pitter patter right in his ears.

The rain fell on George's face, dripping down to his neck as he turned to face the sky. His thoughts on mute, the one focus he had was the rain.

George hated the rain.

It made the already dim day seem miserable. It made the day seem grey and moody, Like when you finish an exam early and you just have to sit there, or when you miss the bus and have to wait another ten minutes for the next one. Those times seem so long and boring, miserable and tedious.

The only sounds he could hear was the rain and the cars passing him, everytime they did he'd be splashed with water. Usually people would have a reaction to this but George... George didn't care.

He didn't care about alot of things... People's feelings, his grades, how well he does in sports.

He only cared about his reputation.

Starting in a new collage ment he had to build that back up again. Like when you've just leveled up and your progress is back down to zero.

He was going to one where they did things old school. They would still follow a time table with lockers and dorms in a separate building near campus.

So why was George walking out in the dark so late?

Well it was satarday the 2nd of September, and he was supposed to check into his dorm today, but he wanted to check in late.

He knew he would have a roommate and his first step to building a good reputation was to show him that he didn't want to be there. That, and the fact he just really wanted to piss the receptionist off.

He was hoping to get will or stephan as his roommate, those were George's only friends and he hated to admit it but he did atually care for a few people.

He knew them from secondary school, come to think of it... Anyone from George's secondary school would do as they would know George and know to stay out of his way.

It's not like George was the mean type, like the type to shout at a teacher or bully other kids, he just didn't really like people and didn't want to socialize with them.

He hated the whole "𝐻𝑜𝑤 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢?" and "𝐻𝑜𝑤'𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛?" He'd much prefer his conversations to go like they do with Stephan and will.

They usually went a little something like this:

"𝘛𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥,"

"𝘖𝘩 𝘴𝘩𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘱𝘩𝘢𝘯, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘺"

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘺 𝘪𝘮 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘭𝘢𝘻𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘶𝘱"

...and then they'd laugh and talk about some nonsense like which teacher they think sells drugs and what girls they find most attractive.

Come to think of it, George never found himself understanding those conversations about girls. Of course he'd agree... But only so he'd fit in.

George sighed and turned to face the walkway again, he saw the dorm place sign behind a pizza place sign, it was the only one lit up on the street.

It said, "𝚁𝚊𝚒𝚗-𝚠𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢"

'Well...' George thought to himself gripping on to his rucksack strap a little too tightly.

He sighed and bowed his head down as he opened the door...