☂︎𝙱𝚎𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚛☂︎

"𝙶𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎?"

He said running up to the step he was on, but by the time he caught up to him... He wasn't there anymore.

☔︎ ♪ ☂︎ ♪ ☔︎ ♪ ☂︎ ♪ ☔︎ ♪ ☂︎ ♪ ☔︎

He stood there in disbelief.

Looking up, Alex saw that he was near the top.

He ran up to the apartment,

'is George dead?'

Was that the last time he'd ever see him?

He opened the apartment door, out of breath.

George was standing there smiling,

"𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛-"

George was cut off by Alex hugging him, tears in his eyes, he felt weak but relieved at the same time.

"𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝙶𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎, 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚘𝚗-𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚐𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍-"

"𝚆𝚘𝚊𝚑 𝚠𝚘𝚊𝚑 𝚠𝚘𝚊𝚑.."

George hugged Alex back, something he's never done to anyone, he hates physical contact.

"𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚕, 𝚒'𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚐𝚊𝚢, 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚘𝚗 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐?"

"𝙽𝚘 𝚐𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚠 𝚒𝚝."

Alex pulled away from the hug and looked directly at George.

"𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡, 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚔?"

George laughed a little taking the empty bottle of beer from Alex and grabbing his hand, leading him carefully to bed.

"𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚕, 𝚒'𝚖 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚘 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏?"

He smiled at him closing the door so he could change and going to get him a glass of water.

He knocked lightly on the door.

"𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑?"

He entered with some water and set it on Alex's bedside table.

"𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚊𝚕,"

"𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝,"

He smiled and slowly closed the door, then he felt his face drop.

'alex saw it too?'

Memories of what had happed earlier flooded George's mind.

☔︎ ♪ ☂︎ ♪ ☔︎ ♪ ☂︎ ♪ ☔︎ ♪ ☂︎ ♪ ☔︎

'Face it'

It got close enough to the point where George could see what it was.

"𝚆𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙵𝚄𝙲𝙺!"

George screamed as he saw another George sprinting after him, he started running aswell and threw himself into a random floor before running into the nearest open door.

He tried to remember what he had just seen.

It was another him, his face was neutral, emotionless even.

It looked like he wanted to catch him and George couldn't stop panicking.

Was he seeing things?

Was he going insane?

"𝚄𝚑𝚑.."

George turned towards the voice that spoke, sitting there at the counter, reading a book, was Keira.

"𝙾𝚑-"

"𝙶𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎? 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛,"

she immediately got up, turning her book upsidedown on the counter to save her page and running to grab a glass.

"𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜," George managed to get out taking a seat, keeping his head down.

"𝚂𝚘... 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚍?"

"𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚘 𝙸 𝚛𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚗 𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚖..."

"𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑 𝚠𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚒𝚝 𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚗 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚊 𝚌𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚠𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚝."

She smiled looking at the door as it creaked open, a small black kitten crawled in matching eyes with Keira and running over to her with its tail held high.

She picked it up and plonked it on the counter where it headed over to a bowl of water and a bowl of food.

"𝙸𝚜𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎?"

George looked over at the cat who started to drink from its water bowl.

"𝙸𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚗... 𝚊𝚕𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑... 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚙𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗."

George got worried about the cat, he looked over to the balcony,

"𝙰𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚘 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍... 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏𝚏?"

Keira looked at George with the most confused eyes.

"𝚆𝚑𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝?"

Keira laughed shaking her head and George shrugged chuckling to himself.

"𝙾𝚑, 𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐-"

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚖, 𝚒'𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚝,"

"𝙾𝚑 𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢."

After that they talked for a while about school, George responded to some texts before telling Keira he had to head off.

"𝙾𝚑, 𝚐𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚘-"

George stopped by the door and turned to face Keira,

"𝚆𝚑𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞?"

"𝙼𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏"

He said before leaving Keira standing there speechless.