Twenty-Seven

The morning of the wedding came faster than expected. I wanted to stay in bed, wrapped in the warmth of the covers and Delmare, but unfortunately, I couldn't. We were both expected to get ready for the ceremony three hours ahead of it, and I was not happy about it.

"We have to get up," Delmare whispered in my ear, brushing my hair out of my face, his fingers grazing against my temple as I groaned in protest. "I know, babe, but we have to."

"No, I don't want to go!" I groaned, pulling the covers tighter around me as I snuggled closer to Delmare. Sighing, I shuffled onto my back, staring up at the ceiling as Delmare lay beside me. "Fine, I'll get up."

"I can't wait to see that dress of yours, Mrs. Stormborn," he said, winking at me with a cheeky grin. "I can't wait to take it off too."

"I think that will have to wait for later." I laughed. "We can at least have breakfast together, right?"

"Of course," he said, crawling out of bed wearing nothing but his blue boxers. I watched as he stretched, my mind falling away from me as I crawled out of bed myself.

"I think I'm going to take a shower," I called, looking back at him before padding into the bathroom, letting my clothes fall to the floor before turning the faucet on.

Stepping into the tub, I closed the sheer curtain, listening to the sound of the water as it sprayed over my head, down my face, and off my shoulders. Sighing deeply, I tried to relax until I heard the curtain slide open and someone step inside. Through watery eyes, I stared at my husband, who was standing in front of me, grinning like a fool.

"Do you mind if I join you?" he inquired, taking a step toward me as I moved out of the water.

"No, I don't mind at all," I replied, reaching down to grab the shampoo to run it through my hair, but Delmare grabbed it before I could.

He took another step toward me, his eyes never leaving mine as my breathing quickened. He poured the shampoo into his palm, then massaged it into my scalp, the sensation forcing me to close my eyes and sigh happily. Grabbing the soap from his hand, I carefully poured a small amount into my palm and lathered the soap all over his chest, feeling his heart thump fast against my palm. I didn't think this was what he had in mind when he asked to join me, but I didn't think we had enough time for a quickie in the shower.

As if he read my mind, he placed his hands under the waterfall of steaming liquid and pulled me toward him, kissing me fast and hard, shocking my system as we stepped under the water. The soap streamed off us, escaping down the drain while we wrapped our arms around each other, our need overwhelming. We finally pulled apart, completely breathless. I breathed in his familiar sent before reaching up and resting my lips against the base of his neck, kissing him softly as I made circular motions along his hip. Within moments we were all over each other again, wanting to finish what we had started, ignoring the insistent knocking from the hallway as we positioned ourselves for a simple moment of fun between husband and wife.

***

The scolding we received from Theodosia was almost comical. My hair was still damp, but I was wearing something almost presentable. I couldn't say the same for Delmare. After breakfast, we were expected to leave each other and not see each other again until the ceremony this afternoon. That part, of course, disappointed me, but I was more excited to see his face when he saw me in my dress. A part of me was glad we were already married; we had had a ceremony just for us, with no expectations from anyone else, and I knew we wouldn't regret that. Taking a seat in front of the mirror, I stared at my reflection while Consuela did my hair. I hadn't seen Ondina in days and was worried something might have happened to her.