𝐨𝐧𝐞.

"Ain't it risky sending out so many people at once?"

"It's risky leaving a sick pregnant woman untreated."

Joel, Tommy, Maria and Scott stood together in the dining room around the table in discussion. Scott's wife was six months pregnant and extremely sick, but with a lack of medical supplies they were struggling to treat her and it didn't look like she was going to be getting better any time soon.

"We are low on medicine, we need to gather more supplies anyway in the case of anyone else becoming sick in future but most importantly, Katherine's condition is a great threat to both her's and the baby's life. We don't have much of a choice." Maria explains in a definitive tone, leaning over the table.

It was usually Maria who was worried about leaving Jackson relatively unguarded with their best trained and most experienced out on long trips. However, with one of their civilians very ill while being pregnant, she couldn't bare the thought of causing the death of one of her own people just because she decided not to risk other lives.

Tommy sighed deeply, "So, where are we looking then? What places are more likely to have what we're lookin' for?"

He shuffled in his seat and leaned forward to look over the map that was laid out in front of them.

"So, already Greg is going to be sweeping our county with Tammy for any herbs or anything he can use for some natural remedies." Maria begins. "I was thinking we send four out to towns that are more likely to have the advanced medical supplies that we need; two will head out to Victor, over in Idaho. It's been quite some time since any of us have been out that way."

She then points to an area south of Jackson, "Then perhaps two more can try and sweep some of the towns down south, towards Afton - it's a longer journey down there but it's the only other plausible option..."

The three men remain silent, thinking hard.

"Me and Tony can make the south route then. I can't say I know that area too well bu-" Scott starts but Maria quickly shuts him down.

"No. You will remain here, Katherine needs you alive and you're no good going out there and not coming back if something happens."

Scott gave an exasperated look, wanting to argue back but he knew she was right.

"Me and Joel will take the route south. It's the farthest but I remember the layout of that area well enough." Tommy speaks, and he recognises the look of objection on his wife's face, so he holds a hand up to stop her. "You can send Tony out with Steve to Victor, I remember Steve saying something about him being out that way before he ended up here."

Maria shakes her head, not liking the idea of her husband risking his neck by heading far out of their county but she couldn't send anyone less experienced out on a trip like that. She sighed.

"Okay, but you go as far as Afton and come back as soon as you can. Don't do anything stupid."

"I wouldn't dare." Tommy gave a small amused smile as he rose from his seat. "Come on, brother. Let's go get packed up."

"Joel?"

Joel turns back around to face his sister-in-law.

"Make sure my husband comes back in one piece." She rests a hand on his shoulder.

"Of course." He nods and proceeds to walk out of the house behind Tommy.

"We're gonna be gone for a few days." Joel explains to Ellie as they walked to the stables.

"You should take me with you, I want to help."