𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒.

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃.

** 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝. **

This story is the alternate story to 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐎𝐑 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 (𝐓𝐖𝐎𝐍).

The whole plot is: what happens when Marlene finds Ciri - aka the one who calls herself The Witcher - and asks her to take Ellie to the Fireflies? With the help of two particular smugglers?

After reading 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐎𝐑 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 (which I suggest you do first, just in case you skipped here), you are now very familiar with Ciri Edwards.

However, this time I think you will find that with the order of events in the first game you will see more of Ciri as The Witcher, and what it takes to live as a survivor who has entirely weaponised herself against the cruelty of humanity.

𝐓𝐖𝐎𝐍 was about how Joel wished to help Ciri heal as he saw himself in her and Ciri's journey through closure, specifically through a changing lifestyle and discovering a new sense of 'normality'.

This time it's quite different.

Ciri is forced into this situation that is completely unorthodox for her and finds herself having to face her demons head on.

Now, I didn't want to take away the importance of what the first game is about and the importance of Joel and Ellie's relationship as Ciri becomes a part of the journey.

It's been a major challenge to try and keep the key conversations and moments in, even though Ciri's involvement alter things drastically.

In this story, I've included a lot more details that I didn't really explore in the first story and added more in which I think I could or SHOULD have put in as well.

As the writer, I've got to know Ciri as a character and what her life has really done to her. It's a strange thing but I really do think of her as an actual person.

I think, as well, that I've got a real sense of her trauma and how it's displayed through her behaviour.

And now that I think I've really grasped her character as a whole, I plan on going back to 𝐓𝐖𝐎𝐍 and rewriting it.

There was many things that I wasn't happy with and still aren't happy with. I'd written it pretty quickly and I was so eager to get it out for people to read because it's the first full story I've ever published.

So, some things were pretty sloppy, some things were just a little too unrealistic and there were a lot of choices I made in terms of Joel's character that I don't think he would do - but at the time I didn't know what else to write.

If I'm being totally honest, I've definitely preferred using the plot of the first game, as Ciri's story has played out so well with this order of events. And I think you'll come to understand how when you start reading it.

That being said I wouldn't really have done things differently - it's been easier to write this alternative plot knowing that you already are aware of Ciri's past.

One last thing, just in case you were wondering - I'm very unsure about whether I'll write anything on the main events of the second game. I have a rough idea of what I would write if I decided to but at the moment I don't plan on writing anything any time soon.

Side note: I've played scenarios in my head about what I would write for TLOU Part 2 with Ciri and honestly, I nearly made myself cry thinking about it lmao.

Anyway, without further ado,

I hope you enjoy it.

This is 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒.

𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐝𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨:

Anonymous_Writer002

Their J.M. story - 'Until There Was You' - has been a big inspiration for some scenes in this story and I would have struggled so much with writing them if it weren't for their book.

I had to give credit otherwise I think it would be a little disrespectful of me to have written those scenes without admitting that I'd used their story as a prompt.

If you haven't read it, I highly recommend. It's absolutely brilliant.