𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭.

𝐂𝐈𝐑𝐈.

"Do you think those hunters are gone?"

"We're about to find out."

I take the lead in surveying the hotel through the window, carefully leaning in to try and listen for voices or movement. To my relief, I heard nothing, but I had a feeling this could be another hunter hotspot or possible base of theirs.

I hop down and call Joel and Ellie through. "All clear."

"Whoa... this is fancy. Ever stay in a place like this? Before it all went to shit I mean." Ellie asks us after dropping down.

"No... no, this is too rich for my blood." Joel responds.

Ellie looks to me for my answer and I shake my head. "Nothing like this. If I ever stayed overnight somewhere it was usually a small B&B or a motel."

"Oh, it bet it was nice."

I follow her as she wanders over to the reception desk and stands behind it to face me while I remained on the other side.

"Oh hello there, welcome to our fine establishment. What can I do for you today?" She clasps her hands together dramatically and puts on a fake receptionist's voice.

I had to go along.

I smile politely and lean my elbows on the counter. "Bonjour, mademoiselle. J'aimerais réserver une chambre pour toujours."

Her face lights up and she giggles. "I don't have a clue what you just said but that was awesome."

"What the hell are you two doin'?" Joel approaches us.

"Ah! Pourriez-vous prendre mes bagages?" I continue the role-play, facing Joel who wore a very puzzled expression but I could easily see the faint amusement on his face.

"I think she's asking you to take her luggage, sir." Ellie chimes in, she must have at least understood the word 'bagages'.

He rolls his eyes and begins to walk away. "You two are weird."

Ellie and I chuckle, and I hold my hand up for a high-five as she comes back around from behind the desk. She slaps her hand against mine before we follow after him.

Taking a ladder from against some scaffolding, we climbed up to the next level and it was when we were about to reach the top of the stairs to the next floor that I heard the hunters. We decided to sneak once again but Joel and I had to take them out as we passed through. They were close to spotting us and it was difficult to navigate the corridors when they were too close for comfort.

Joel took to using his arms to choke the hunters while I took to using my sword. I'd have happily strangled any one of them but my left shoulder disagreed with that idea, though, that being said, it was easier and quicker to draw the air from their lungs by putting a blade through their back.

We reached a stairwell and headed up another floor, only to find more hunters at the top. "Fuck, there's so many of them." Ellie breathes.

I kept my sword out, with the blade pointing behind me so it laid flat against my forearm and creeped out the stairwell.

When we were certain there were no more hunters left, we came up to an elevator which Joel pushed open for us.

"Let's see where this goes."

I'm immediately hit with a nervous feeling in my gut the moment we enter. There's a ladder which we use to enter the shaft and walk atop the elevator car, to then shuffle over to the next one.