𝐈.

Tess examines the ration cards in her hands as she walked the alleys ways back from the West End District. She shoves the cards in her pocket and as she rounded the corner, four men appeared and grabbed hold of her.

"Get the fuck off me, you assholes!" She barks, struggling against their grips on her arms as they pushed her against the wall.

"Keep ahold of her." One of the men order. Two of them holding Tess on either side of her and the remaining two stood. One held a gun and the other a crowbar.

"How we doin' this?" One asks.

"Just shoot her." One of the guys holding her says.

"No! We beat her! Haven't liked her from the start, I wanna enjoy this!"

"Fuck that, we gotta do this quickly before someone else turns up."

"I told you we should've planned this before-"

"It doesn't matter, Robert told us to make it quick-"

Tess felt the anger bubble up in her. Of course Robert sent them.

As they argued and were distracted, Tess brought up a knee into the groin of one of the guys holding her and slipped her arm out of his grip to then punched the other one. She knew it was probably a dumb idea considering how many there were and the fact they were armed. If it was just the two, she knew she could handle them, but four... worth a try.

"Bitch!"

She bolted for it back around the corner she came from, they'd have more chance of a shot at her if she'd have gone straight down the alley. Not that it mattered, they caught up with her and tackled her to the ground.

"Motherfucker!" She spat as her face got pushed against the concrete.

"And here I was thinking you were smarter than this!" One said.

"Just finish her!"

As the one with the gun raised his weapon to her head, Tess watched out the corner of her eye as a blade went clean through the man's neck. His head dropped with a firm thud next to her, she stared back at it wide eyed.

"What the fu-!" The one holding her down leaned up only to have his face kicked in.

"Oh shit-" The one Tess had punched yelled, him and the fourth man stood frozen on the spot. They watched in horror as the intruder stabbed the floored man in the chest.

"Fuck, it's the Witcher."

Tess had managed to sit up and watch as her saviour stared down the remaining men with their sword gripped tightly in their right fist. They said nothing but the men knew immediately to run away in the other direction.

Tess slowly pushed herself up onto her feet. Her saviour now turning around to face her, though she couldn't see any part of their face under their hood and mask.

"Thanks..." She begins, hissing as she touched the slightly bloody bruise on her cheek from when she had been tackled. There was an awkward pause before she spoke again, "So, you're the Witcher that everyone's been talking about?"

They said nothing but pulled out a clean rag from a pocket and held it out to her. She gave a thankful nod as she took it.

"Fucking Robert... that asshole." She then hisses as she raises the cloth to her check.

"If you wanna know where he is, I saw him at the warehouse in Area 5 'bout a half hour ago. Heard he's hiding out there after he sent these for you." Her saviour finally speaks.

Her eyes widen slightly and her brows fly up.

"Area 5 huh? Good to know, thanks again."

"Don't mention it."

Not staying for a second longer, the Witcher turned on her heel and sprinted away. Tess watched as she jumped up onto a large garbage container and, very impressively, ran up the wall of the building and pulled herself onto the roof.

Deciding not to linger around the scene either, Tess quickly began moving back through the alley and back home.

Wait till Joel hears about this.