𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧.

Ciri yelled as the body of the clicker in front of her dropped to the ground after she cut through it.

With no seconds to spare, she pushed on and continued running and constantly checked over her shoulder to make sure Henry and Ellie were right behind her.

They sprinted through a narrow hallway up to a weak metal door and slammed it shut the moment they got through.

"That's not gonna hold!" Ellie cried.

"Then keep moving!" Ciri grabs her hand and they run together with Henry ahead of them.

The tunnel soon widened and they dropped out into a main channel, where Joel and Sam came into their sights and Ciri had a short moment of relief as they ran up to them.

"Sam!" Henry rushes to his little brother's side.

"You two okay?" Joel asks the girls.

"No! We gotta keep running!" Ciri grabs his arm without stopping and they continue running as the door behind them bursts wide open.

"Run! There's too many of them!" Ellie cries as she moves ahead of the adults.

They pass through a set of double doors and shut them, but the next gate they had to get through was locked shut by a metal pipe on the other side. Ciri grunted, trying to hold the doors back against the force of the infected while Henry and Joel tried to push the gate open.

Sam in the meantime finds a way into a crawl space to the other side.

"Sam! He just crawled through!"

"He what?! Sam what the hell are you doin'?!" Henry grips the wire.

"Getting us outta here!"

"Well, hurry up then!"

"Ciri come on!" Joel pulls her away from the doors and they race upstairs. He makes sure she's ahead of him when he noticed her lagging behind and struggling to breath as they ran.

After dropping off onto a lower floor, they finally find a door to the outside through a locker room.

Ciri pauses in the doorway to the stairwell, keeping her eyes on the doors above for the infected while using the wall for support.

Henry rams his shoulder into the door. "Damn thing's stuck!"

"Joel!" Ciri gets the smuggler's attention and he jogs over to her. "You got any nail bombs or a Molotov?"

"I think I got one nail bomb, why?"

"Plant it just down there, it should give us some time and take out a few before they're on top of us." She points, talking between heavy breaths.

He nods in agreement and quickly pulls out a half-made nail bomb, giving it the finishing touches before rolling it down the corridor.

"Hang back." He takes her arm once more. "Let us take over from here."

"Not a chance, Miller."

With the window above the door open, Henry manages to fit the teenagers through to get it open from the other side. Once they were through, Joel, Ciri and Henry hear the infected coming from the stairs and towards them.

"Get ready!"

Ciri resorted to her handgun which she'd been saving her ammo for and stood near the exit between the guys.

The screeches of the infected and the blast of the nail bomb vibrate through the walls, taking out half the swarm while the rest coming running towards the entrance.