1

"I-I don't want to go home..."

I'd see that same orange-haired girl play with all of my siblings outside with the same red ball, and I still would be forgotten, standing on the same balcony when I see them smiling and laughing

Her orange hair moved with the breeze of the wind, and her cool skin glowed under the warm sun's light. And her hazel eyes, matching the smoothing grass, shimmering under the same sun's light. 

Until those eyes roamed over to me.

I watched her eyes make way towards me, a small gentle smile appearing on her face to greet me, and I still couldn't understand that warm feeling in my chest. I knew it wasn't nice to stare at people, I've been told it was disrespectful, but when I was about to wave back at her, he took my arm and took me away from that balcony.

"Don't distract yourself with these people, especially some weak outsider." His voice was low with anger and disappointment.

***

"Was that Shouto?" She asked Touya who was standing by her, holding the red ball.

He hummed while nodding, his expression almost cold from the name. "We can't really talk to him. Only when dad isn't training him."

***

Sometimes I'd see her with Fuyumi, mostly braiding each other's hair in the living room, knowing how much Fuyumi loved her attention and her touch, and Fuyumi didn't know how to braid her own. They'd always giggle about stuff until Touya and Natsuo came crashing in, tackling them in a fun way to tease them.

She'd be in the kitchen, helping mom or the maid cook and bake things. I heard from Fuyumi and Natsuo that her cooking and baking were amazing; I've always wanted to try it, but I could never because I wasn't allowed to be or see her, and the kitchen; but she'd also help mom whenever she had a new bruise. 

I've caught father looking at them once when he was passing by. Almost something new in his eyes. The same eyes I have. But he would always shake it off, and he would continue walking down the hallway as I hid from him so I wouldn't have to continue training with him for the day.

***

"You don't have to do such a thing. I could possibly do it myself..." Rei smiled, softly, reassuring. 

"But he can't treat you like this." She lowered her hand with the cotton ball that was between her fingertips, covered in alcohol for the open skin on her cheek.

"He's a good man... if you get to know him. He just... can't control his anger sometimes..." Rei said, putting her hand over hers, making up different excuses like she always did about her husband. As if she was embarrassed.

Rei and Enji weren't married out of love. It was an arranged marriage. Love isn't real. It's fake.

"Doesn't seem like sometimes," She mumbled quietly, but Rei was able to hear her, as she was about to reply, the door slid open.