37

"I wanted to be."

WARNING: the following contains mentions of self-harm. Skip this chapter if you are not comfortable, but I will have the ★ signs if you would like to continue reading the parts.

KIARA'S POV:

The cycle repeated. 

Dabi would come into my house with beer cans and a pack of cigars that he'd bring most of the time because he did the same thing. Always started with us drinking and smoking before I would feel his hand run up and down my thigh.

I should talk to him.

But I couldn't. I was afraid, that maybe he would hurt me or say something and that I wouldn't see him again since it's like what I said. "It's always the same." He'd come back after weeks or days, but now, almost months of waiting.

He says I'm his girlfriend.

That should be enough right?

No. It wasn't.

★★★★★★★

That's what the new scars on my thighs tell me when I look at myself in the mirror, in the shower or just changing. I feel guilty for doing so, but I didn't feel enough for him.

"I'm overreacting," I mumbled to myself, rubbing my face with the palms of my hands as I sat on the edge of my bed.

I had finished patrol for the day and decided I'd take a nap for a while, and didn't realize it was late at night.

1:57 am

I wanted to rant to Yuna, but I didn't want to bother her, assuming she was getting better rest now. But again. It didn't change.

•○○○•

There was a knock on my balcony door and I turned to see the same man standing there while grinning at me, only this time he had a pack of cigarettes. I wasn't in the mood to have sex or hang out with him. I wanted to be alone, but I was scared to tell him, so, I sighed and got up from my bed, opening the door.

Dabi's expression changed, his eyebrows more furrowed and narrowing his eyes at me as he examined me to maybe my messy bun and tired eyes. "What the hell happened with you?"

He chuckled softly when I rolled my eyes at him. "Just get inside." I groaned.

Dabi sat down on my bed, patting the empty side of the mattress next to him, mentioning me to sit next to him which I applied to.

"What're you doing up this early doll?" He asked, placing a cigar between his lips and lighting it up with the blue flames on his pinky.

I yawned. "I just woke up from a nap, that was a bit longer than I wanted it to be actually."

"Hmm." He handed me a cigar and I shook my head, pushing it away. "Damn Carrots, you usually accept it." He almost fake pouted.

"I don't want to right now," I replied, cringing when I felt the pain coming back to my thighs when I moved them.

Dabi seemed to notice this.

"What did you do?" He grew suspicious of me, raising a brow as he placed the cigar on an ashtray that was on my nightstand.

"It was just an incident at work." I lied, waving him off, but I could tell I made it worse by the way he narrowed his eyes at me, almost angrily.

"Show me." He said it in a low and deep serious tone that I was almost afraid of him.