Valentine

Today's Pic: Some beauteous artwork of Vers, decked out in her Starforce uniform!
 (Drawn by MaxyArtwork)

A/N: In case it isn't obvious, this is a Valentine's special. I posted it a day early because I put my heart into it and I was too impatient to let it wait. I don't know why but I've been on a writing roll lately, so there's even more stories coming soon! :D

-------------------------

  One Hala Day, Vers walked into the hangar. It was lunchtime, and she had packed her own lunch. She noticed Bron-Char sitting at her picnic table eating his own lunch, so she figured she would join him.

Plopping down, she said, "I packed my own lunch today."

"That's nice, lass," he responded. He was pretty much eating an entire buffet for his lunch.

"I don't really like cooking, but sometimes the food is worth it, ya know?" she continued. "Plus it's so much healthier!"

"I suppose," he said with his giant mouth full.

"But I just really enjoy pre-packaged food, which is why I don't cook that much," Vers explained.

"I see," replied Bron-Char, chugging a giant keg of something.

"You are so articulate, you know?" she said dryly.

"Indeed. 'Articulate' is my middle name, lass!" he responded merrily.

She rolled her eyes. "Okay." Then she got to thinking. Not just about food, but also the inner workings of the universe. Mainly, holidays.

She took a big swig of her energy drink and then spat it all out for dramatic effect (luckily not in Bron-Char's face). "I'VE GOT IT!" she yelled.

Bron-Char looked undisturbed by her outburst. "You don't look you have anything to me," he observed.

"I have the idea in my brain," she clarified. "Valentine's Day is right around the corner, I can feel it."

"Did you say Valid Cry Day? Because I haven't gotten the waterworks going in quite some years."

"No!" Vers yelled. "Valentine's Day! It's a time for focusing on relationships, which means I think we should celebrate it by getting some people together... Like Att-Lass and Minn-Erva!"

"What? But they get together all the time!" he exclaimed.

"Uggh!" Vers groaned. "I meant together in, like, a romantic way."

"Oh." He scratched his head. "Why them, lass?"

"Simple, because they're opposites! Att-Lass is simple and fun, while Minn-Erva is complicated and annoying. They'd be perfect together!"

Bron-Char mulled it over. "I'm sure she'd be thrilled to hear you say that. But Vers, you're younger than they are, at least I think. Why not focus on your own love life?"

She almost choked. "Because I don't have one! Isn't that obvious??"

He stared at her. He thought about his answer long and hard. He finally said, "I dunno."

"Great! So you're in on my plan?"

"We can give it a whirl," he consented. "But I can't make any promises, lass."

She shrugged. "Good enough for me. This is pretty much just a class project. But if we help Att-Lass and Minn-Erva find true love, I guess it's a bonus."

"Uh, okay." Bron-Char shrugged and then continued eating his sandwich.

Vers tapped her chin. "Do you say 'lass' so much because it's the last half of Att-Lass's name?"