Coffee

Today's Gif: Excited Vers! 

-----------------------

   One Hala Day, Vers walked into the Helion with a mug of coffee and looked around to see what her teammates were up to. Minn-Erva was polishing her rifle, Bron-Char was in the corner reading a scroll by the ancient scholars of Hala, and Korath and Att-Lass were on the floor doing a puzzle.

"Hm," said Vers.

Just then they heard Yon-Rogg's voice from the kitchen yell, "TEAM! Get in here!"

They all traded nervous glances and stopped what they were doing. Minn-Erva shot like a bullet into the kitchen, which Vers rolled her eyes at. She proceeded to stroll at a leisurely pace through the doorway, and was met with an uncanny sight. Yon-Rogg stood with his arms crossed next to a pile of wreckage on the counter. It could only be one thing, a thing they all knew and loved...their coffee machine.
And if it was broken, that meant there would be no more coffee drinking. Vers was suddenly very aware that she was holding the last mug of coffee in her hand. She covertly tried to hide it behind her back.

"Who broke it?" Yon-Rogg demanded. Then he noticed their mortified faces and decided to add, "I'm not mad. I just want to know."

Everyone remained silent, and exchanged suspicious glances.

"Okay, I can see the culprit is not going to fess up," observed Yon-Rogg. "Does anyone have a solution for fixing this particular problem?"

Korath raised his hand. "I do believe that Vers has a coffee machine at her apartment. We could borrow hers."

Yon-Rogg raised his eyebrows at Korath, then activated his helmet, which materialized and settled lightly like snow over his hair. He put it in noise-canceling mode.

"WHAT?!" screeched Vers. "HOW DARE YOU EVEN SUGGEST SUCH A THING?! THAT MACHINE IS MY PRECIOUS!! IT GOES NOWHERE! IT STAYS IN MY BEAUTIFUL ABODE AND MAKES MAGICAL LIQUID!! YOU CAN'T TAKE IT FROM ME! WHOEVER TOUCHES IT, DIES!! IS THAT CLEAR?!"

Everyone uncovered their ears with a dazed look. Yon-Rogg watched them all with an evil smile on his face. He deactivated his helmet.

"Since you could not hear, Commander, I will fill you in. Vers refused to lend us her coffee machine with a large fit of rage," said Korath, ever oblivious.

"Wow, you don't think he put on his helmet for a reason, huh?" Minn-Erva scowled.

Yon-Rogg just ignored her. "In that case, I'll just have to take action according to the best interests of our team."

Everyone's eyes widened, especially Att-Lass and Minn-Erva's.

Yon-Rogg took a deep breath and then said, "Minn-Erva and Vers...I order you to go to the store and buy us a new coffee machine."

"WHAT?!" they both yelled.

"You heard me," he said, not reacting one way or another to their shock.

Minn-Erva looked pretty agitated but she swallowed down whatever she was going to say and said, "Yes, Commander." Then she tromped out of the room.

Everyone else besides Vers quickly dispersed. Vers felt like making a stink, though.

"Why are you sending me? I didn't break it!" she complained.

"Perhaps you didn't, but you still refused to help in the way you could've," he replied.

"Fine fine, but still, why are you sending me with Minn-Erva? That's just asking for disaster."

"Perhaps because you two need to learn to get along," he replied with a smile. "And a little team trip to the store is a great way to start."