Eggs

One Hala Day, Vers got up bright and early. She was normally up early, of course, but this particular morning she was up insanely early. Throwing on her uniform, she went to Starforce Mart and bought some things. Then she traveled to the docking bay and snuck into the Helion. When the ramp lowered, it was dark and eerie inside.

"Wow, it's so dark and eerie in here," she whispered to herself.

Only the thin blue light panels in the walls glowed. She tramped inside, turned on the lights, and got to work on her secret project.

Only an hour later, the ramp lowered again and Minn-Erva and Bron-Char came walking in. Minn-Erva had a mug of coffee and was tiredly explaining to Bron-Char that 'football' was a sport made up by Vers and he could not play it. She stopped mid-sentence when she saw Vers sitting in the middle of the floor.

"Good morning! I see the assassins have failed," said Vers jovially.

"What are you doing here?!" Minn-Erva exclaimed. "Generally and literally."

Vers jumped up from the floor, where she had a large sheet spread out and many cartons of...EGGS.
"Isn't it obvious? I'm preparing for Easter! The Lord has risen!"

"Ooh, is it time for more fancy holiday hijinks?" inquired Bron-Char with a jolly clap of his hands.

"It is indeed, my good bearded bean," replied Vers.

Minn-Erva rapidly looked back and forth between the two. "What—what does---I don't--"

"Relax, Minn-Erva. Trying to understand Vers is essentially mental suicide," interjected Yon-Rogg, walking in from the cockpit. Turns out he was there the whole time.

"What the?!" exclaimed Vers, whirling around. "How did you get here before me?! I was up insanely early just for this!"

"I was just organizing mission data," he replied with a good-natured smile. "Plus, I may or may not have a sixth sense that alerts me whenever you're up to something."

Vers gaped at him with a hand over her heart. "This is an invasion of my privacy."

"It's not like I was spying on you or anything," he replied with a shrug. "And you really can't blame me if you left a note on your locker door last night that said 'Buy eggs in four hours.'"

Vers gasped and looked toward her locker, where the note still hung. "I knew I should've written it in my wrist display's notepad..." she mumbled.

"Don't fret," he said, putting a hand on her shoulder. "The surprise hasn't been ruined. You can tell us about it as soon as the other two arrive."

"Hmph," said Vers, crossing her arms.

Just then Korath and Att-Lass came walking in, discussing some rom-com or the other. Att-Lass stopped when he saw the arrangement on the floor. "What is--"

"HAPPY EASTER!!" shouted Vers, so loud that Minn-Erva's scarf blew off.

"My scarf!" she screeched. After retrieving it, she swatted Vers on the head with it. "Don't mess with my precious scarf."

Vers raised up her hands in an appeasing manner. "Gee. I didn't think you were capable of forming attachments to anything."

Minn-Erva raised a fist threateningly, but Att-Lass spoke before anything could go down. "So are we gonna make a giant omelet on the floor or something?"

Vers turned to him, all scarf conflicts forgotten. "As delicious as that would be, unfortunately it's not why I have these things here. In celebration of Easter, we're going to decorate these eggs, fill them with confetti, and eventually smash them on each other. Or we can do a hunt. I'm not sure which would be less competitive."