Tardy

A/N: So begins my album of Starforce stories! Even if you're not especially familiar with the whole concept, I'd still encourage you to read, hehe. But what author wouldn't?
 Anyway, I hope the few people who read this will enjoy. I'll celebrate the kickoff of this album with back-to-back uploads, too! :D

-----------------

    One Hala Day, Vers was wakened by the loud annoying beep of her comm. She shot upright in her bed and grabbed it and turned it on. It was Yon-Rogg.

"Vers, there's some—hey, did you just wake up or something?" he asked.

"Yes, why?" she asked with a frown.

"You've got some tangles just there," he replied, motioning to her whole head.

"Ugggh," she replied and grabbed her brush to comb it out while they talked. "So why did you call me so early?"

"There's been some developments with our upcoming mission and I wanted to brief the team about it as soon as possible," he explained.

"Are you saying that you, like, got notified about it at 4 in the morning and then decided that everyone had to know IMMEDIATELY??" she exclaimed.

"Hmm, let me think..." He pretended to think. "Yes. Yes I did. Now get dressed and get over here. And you might want to double check that Att-Lass gets out of bed because...you know how he is," Yon-Rogg finished and the communication ended.

"Oi," said Vers. She jumped out of bed and zipped into her uniform in two seconds, then headed out the door. On her way across the street she almost got hit by a taxi because she started sleepwalking. "HEY I'M SLEEPWALKING HERE!!" she shouted.

When she got to the Helion, which was where her Starforce team always met and commonly hung out, the only people she found there were Yon-Rogg and Korath. They both looked like they had already been awake for half a day.

"Why do you guys look like you've already been awake for half a day?" she asked.

"Because as members of Starforce, we train ourselves to be diligent and ready for anything, including wake-up calls that come early," Yon-Rogg said.

"I was watching a sitcom," said Korath.

Yon-Rogg shot him a dirty look. Then he said to Vers, "Where's everyone else?"

"I dunno," she answered as she began to nod off.

"I told you to check on Att-Lass! Ugh, fine, I'll just do it now," said Yon-Rogg.

Vers smiled innocently at him, but she could tell he wasn't really mad so she didn't need to make up a dumb excuse.

After a few seconds and several slaps to the communicator, Yon-Rogg said, "None of them are answering."

"Huh...maybe they're all stone cold dead asleep like I was," said Vers, who was now holding an ice pack to her neck to keep herself awake.

"I doubt Minn-Erva or Bron-Char would miss their comm. They're always alert," said Yon-Rogg, giving Vers a meaningful glance.

"Hey," she said. "I'm alert!" Then she walked two steps and tripped over a pistol that Att-Lass had probably left lying around. It went off and the blast went in between Yon-Rogg's feet and hit the box of snacks Korath had set on the floor (which he probably brought with him from his sitcom time). Hala popcorn flew all over the room and the burned smell of it wafted everywhere.

Yon-Rogg looked at Vers as a piece of it settled like snow in his hair. "Go find them," he said and pointed out the main hatch of the ship.

"Hehe," she replied nervously. "Ehhh...yes, Commander." She saluted and scurried out. She briefly wondered if they would eat all those floating popcorns while she wasn't there. She supposed she'd find out.