Chapter 18: Vacant Town

I grow tired and Dean is sleeping. Katelyn volunteers to drive. She's eager to drive her favorite type of car.

        Sam looks at me and says, "So, are you okay?"

        I mutter, "I'm totally fine."

        I'm not fine. Randy is kidnapped and I'm sitting here regretting my decision of telling him it was over between us. Will I still feel the same for Sam if I get my memories back?

        Sam smiles, "I'm not used to sitting back here." He shoots me a look. "Thanks a lot."

        I laugh, "Well Dean got out here second if you hurried you could have sat in the passenger seat.

        Sam says, "There is no way that Dean would sit in the back seat of his car."

        I ask, "Where's Castiel? I haven't seen him since Katelyn and Randy arrived."

        Sam sighs, "Castiel doesn't tell us where he is and we..."

        Dean yawns, "Don't ask Cas either."

        I say, "Isn't it strange? He hasn't came back to tell us anything. He should have found something if he's snooping around."

       Dean shrugs, "It's not strange. Castiel is a grown adult he'll go where he wants."

        I joke, "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

        Dean questions, "Does this look like a bed to you? When did Katelyn start driving? Why didn't you wake me?"

        I answer, "No, to your first question. I let her start driving about 20 minutes ago. You were sleeping like a pig, any other questions?"

        Dean exclaims, "I don't sleep like a pig!"

        "Yes, you do."

        Katelyn laughs, "You kind of do."

        Dean argues with Katelyn about how he thinks he "doesn't snort like a pig." 

                                                        -----------------------------------------------------

        I fall asleep and wake up with ten more hours of the ride to New Jersey left. Dean and Sam want to check into a motel for the night. Katelyn turns left and there is a sign that's lit with lights that said, Welcome to Howe, Indiana. I look around this town of Indiana. There are abandoned cars littered around the street. 

        I say, "This doesn't look right."

        Dean looks around and says, "You're right. Something's wrong. Normally people don't leave their car doors open."

        He points to one car and then another.

        "Or the alarm on."

        The cars anti-theft lock beeps loudly throughout the still night. No one is around to shut the alarm off. The traffic lights aren't even on. Dean tells Katelyn to shut off the Impala. I am the first to exit the car. This is a complete ghost town.

        Sam says, "Let's get back in the car. Katelyn, start the car."

        I murmur, "What?"

        Dean says, "He's right. This could be a trap. It's four against who knows what."

        I whisper, "You're forgetting this is an entire town. No type of creatures could wipe out a whole town. Could they?"