Chapter Four: Los Angeles

"Please attach your seatbelts, we're landing in 20 minutes"

Louise was really excited to move back to Los Angeles. She always dreamed of coming back. The weather, the people, the beach... She dreamt of seeing that again, it was like paradise to her.

On the other hand, Elaine was feeling very nostalgic. She loved France, but she felt at home in Los Angeles. She was uncomfortable with the fact that Jules' grave was still in France, but she quickly realised that it was nothing to worry about. The memories of them that she cherishes so much are engraved forever in Elaine's head, and that's what matters.

Louise and Elaine didn't move in together. Elaine decided to move into a small home in a family-friendly neighborhood. She loved the peace it gave her, and she was 20 minutes away from her sister's house. Louise has decided to move downtown. She loved the city and she liked that she was close to everything. She managed to get her hands on a 2 bedroom apartment. Her job paid well so she didn't have to worry about rent nor a roommate.

...

Thursday, 7:00 PM

After a long day of moving, Louise was exhausted. She tried to take a nap, but she was too excited. She needed to walk around the city a bit. The sun was setting down and she absolutely didn't want to miss the sunset. It wasn't in the area she grew up in so she didn't really know her way around.

"Fuck it," she told herself "I'm gonna go get lost in the city, it'll be fun."

It was getting a little cold outside. Louise didn't feel like dressing up so she put on some boyfriend jeans, a dark grey crew neck and some high-top converses. She threw a little bit of jewelry on, took her bag, and went out.

After walking for 15 minutes, she noticed a record store across the street. "Let's see what they have here." she told herself.

Entering the store, she noticed there were three men and the cashier inside of the store.

After looking for around a few minutes, she didn't seem to find anything she didn't already have or that she knew about, until she found Erykah Badu Mama's Gun. She really loves this album. It was one of her favorites growing up and she could never seem to be able to find it in stores in France.

She then noticed one of the men that was in the store approach her. Louise turned around. She saw a tall black man. He had deep brown eyes, big lips, and a gap between his front two upper teeth. He was wearing brown pants, a baby blue hoodie, and a brown cap with the letter G embroidered in.

"I love that record. Track 13 is the best," he said

His voice was deep.

"I like it too. It's actually the first time I-" Louise was cut off by the man.

"Where are you from?" asked the man.

"What?" said Louise.

"Just wondering where you're from. You kinda have an accent," responded the man.

"I'm from France," stated Louise.

"That's what I thought..." said the man. "You new here? I've never seen you around."

Louise chuckled. "Yes, I moved in this morning actually."

"That's sick."

One of the guys that was there spoke to him. "We're leaving. You comin'?" he asked.

Tyler nodded yes with his head.

"Well, imma head out. I'm Tyler by the way," he put out his hand to her.

She took his hand. "Louise."

The three men left the store.

"What the fuck..." whispered Louise to herself.

She realised it was Tyler Okonma. As in Tyler, The Creator. She knew who he was because Frank mentioned him a couple times. She didn't really listen to his music. Frank and Tyler have been close friends for a long time and that's all she knew about him.

Louise finished paying off her new record and walked back home. She really was feeling the tiredness and she couldn't wait to find herself in her bed.