Chapter Nineteen: Opportunities

Thursday, 13:47 PM

The guy from Chicago called me twice this week. I talked a little bit with Tyler about it and he thinks I should do it.

"Louise, just do it. It's a big opportunity for you. You'll make big money and you can still come back here after a few months. You'll get known and it'll be good for your career. If you don't do it, somebody else will."

"You really want me to go away huh?"

He chuckled, "Nah, why would I want that? I just don't want you to regret not going. I really think you should at least try, even if it's just for a few months."

"But what about you?"

"Don't think about me. I'll wait for you, I'll be working on the album so time will fly fast."

I didn't know if I was ready to leave Los Angeles. I love my job, I really do, but leaving everything I've built in the last few months was hard.

The flight was only 3 hours and a half so it wasn't that far.

I called Daniel back.

"Hello, am I speaking to Daniel Anderson?"

"Yes."

"Louise Dubois. I wanted to talk about the job."

"Yes of course, I'm glad you took our proposition into consideration."

I talked with Daniel on the phone for about an hour. The company wants to pay for my flights and for an Airbnb while I'm there, so I won't have to stay in a hotel room. The contract is only six months long and I'm leaving in two and a half weeks. They make me leave on New Year's Eve and I'll come back in July. I hope I made the right decision.

...
7:31 PM

Tyler and I decided to go out for dinner. I really liked hanging out with him. He has such a great personality and he's the most genuine person I have ever met.

"I called back Daniel today," I said.

"Daniel?"

"The guy from Chicago, I accepted the job."

"Really? That's so cool Louise, I'm happy for you."

He seemed genuinely really happy and excited for me.

"I'm leaving soon though."

"When?"

"On New Year's Eve."

His smile faded.

"Oh... That's soon as fuck."

"I know, but it's only for six months. It'll go by fast, just like you said."

"Yeah."

He didn't seem as excited for me as he used to. I still tried to enjoy our date together and make him change his mind.
...

We talked a little bit more about it on the drive back.

"I'm sorry I reacted like that. It's just that I didn't realize how soon it was. We were just starting to get to know each other and it was going well."

"It's still going well."

"I know but I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too, T."

"Don't go around fucking other niggas."

We both laughed.

"I'm serious."

I tapped his thigh, still laughing, "you gon' be fucking other bitches while I'm gone?"

"Hell nah."