Chapter Twenty: Dancing

A few days later,
Christmas morning, 8:47 AM

I woke up from a small kiss on my lips.

Tyler and I slept over at my place the night before because we went to a party together. We started doing "relationship things" about a week ago. We would be kissing and cuddling but without labels.

We haven't had sex, I want to wait until we're in a relationship. The thing is, I don't want to get into a relationship before going to Chicago and I haven't told him yet. I'm just praying he thinks the same.

Long distance would be too hard and we both needed time for ourselves in the next few months. It made me sad to leave everything there because I knew some things would be missing when I'll be back. I tried my best to enjoy my last few days in L.A.

Tyler took my hand and kissed it, "My mom is doing this Christmas party tonight. I want you to be my date."

"I'd be happy to be your date, but, you really want me to meet your mom? We not even dating and if anything happens-"

"Nothing's gonna happen, trust me."

I thought about it for a second, "okay i'll go, but I wanna give you your present in private."

"What kind of present is it?" he asked, smirking.

"You'll see," I said, leaving a kiss on his lips and getting up off the bed.

He followed me to the kitchen where we ate breakfast.

...
6:52 PM

Tyler left a few hours ago and I was getting ready to go to Tyler's mom's Christmas party. I was feeling a little bit anxious about meeting his family. I felt weird because I wasn't his girlfriend and he wanted me to meet his mom and all that. It was a lot of pressure for me; what if he finds someone else while I'm gone? What if I meet someone else? I'm gone for six months, a lot can happen during that time.

Tyler
i'm leaving to pick you up:)

I felt my stomach drop; I really didn't want to go. It was too much for me and I couldn't handle that.

I panicked and I tossed my phone in another room.

I could hear it blow up after a few minutes; calls, text messages, it didn't stop.

A few minutes later, someone was knocking at my door. I was pretty sure it was Tyler. I didn't answer.

"Louise, you there?" His voice seemed worried.

I wanted to answer but I couldn't talk.

The door opened and Tyler walked in. "Where are you?" He asked loudly.

Still couldn't answer.

"There you are," he joined me in my bedroom. He looked at me, "you're not ready?"

"I'm not going."

He looked so confused, "Why? What happened?"

"I'm not ready to meet your mom. I'm leaving in a week and you're acting as if we were dating, but we're not. I don't wanna fall in love with you right now, it's gonna hurt too much when I leave."

He took everything in without saying a word.

He sighed, "I'm sorry Louise, I didn't mean to push you." He looked very sincere, "look, I get it if you don't wanna go as my date. Maybe you can come as my friend?"

I chuckled, "I don't know T."

He got up off the bed and handed his left hand to me. I grabbed it and he pulled me out of the bed. I was only a few inches away from him, the smell of his cologne was really comforting to me.

He grabbed both of my hands and started moving them around, doing little dance moves.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, laughing.

"Dancing. You don't wanna dance with me?" He asked sarcastically.

"Of course I want to dance with you!"

We started doing cheesy ass dance moves. It relieved all the tension I had accumulated, it felt good. Being with Tyler felt right, I was happy.

His phone started ringing. He took it out of his pocket and answered it.

"Hello?- hi mom,- yeah I'm leaving soon,- I don't know yet,- see you later, love you."

"I have to leave soon," he looked at me, "you wanna come or nah?"

"I'll go with you."

"You sure? You don't have to come if you don't want to-"

"I wanna go, but only as your friend."

"It's coo, you'll be my friend tonight," he smiled. He was happy I was going with him.

We both started laughing.

"I'll get dressed, I'll meet you in the car."