Chapter Thirteen: Overthinking

...
1 week later

It was Saturday. Louise and Tyler have been texting each other the whole week. It was like they never ran out of things to say. She thought he was really funny and kind. He would compliment her here and there without it being weird, something guys she used to talk to weren't really good with.

...
Louise's P.O.V

I woke up today still feeling exhausted from the endless week I just had. Work was extremely hard on me and I really needed this weekend to finally relax. I just wanted to stay home and be on my own.

That was until my phone started ringing. It was Tyler. What did he want on a Saturday morning at 8a.m?

"Hello?"

"Hey Louise, did I wake you up?"

"No I-"

"You doin' anything right now?"

"No- well I wanted to stay-"

"Great, send me your location I'll pick you up in 20. See you later."

*call ended*

What the fuck is he on? Anyways, I still have tomorrow to stay home and do nothing.

I only had 20 minutes to get ready so I needed to be quick. I sent him my location and started getting ready. I put on a pair of mom jeans, a high neck tank top, and a zip-up hoodie. I sprayed on a little bit of perfume and I tied my curly hair into a low bun.

Tyler
im here;)

I took the elevator and joined him in his car.

"Hey Tyler"

"Hi. You look really pretty Louise," he said staring into my eyes. I like it when he says my name.

He looked away and started to drive.

"Thank you, you look good too." He smiled. "So... What did you need me for this morning? "

"Oh I just wanted to get breakfast with you."

"What?" I started smiling. "That's how you ask people to get breakfast with you?"

We both started laughing.

"Okay I agree with you." He smiled to himself. '"Our next date I'll ask you properly." He took a glance at me to see my reaction.

I rolled my eyes and laughed along with him. He's a funny guy. He changed the subject and we talked more on the way to our "date."

...

We arrived at this little breakfast restaurant. It was located in a really pretty area. We sat at the outdoor tables and we both ordered some waffles.

We talked about a lot of things. I really like talking with him, he always looks so interested about anything I say.

We both finished our waffles and his mood changed into a more serious one.

"I want to tell you something," he said.

"Yeah go ahead."

"I broke up with Sophia last week. I wanted you to know."

"Yeah Frank told me. What happened with her?"

"That sneaky ass nigga," Tyler laughed to himself. "I think we both lost feelings, it wasn't the same as before."

"And how do you feel?"

"I feel good."

"Well, I'm happy to hear that," I smiled at him.

He smiled back, he seemed peaceful.

"How'd you like our date?" he asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "I thought you were kidding when you called it a date."

He laughed.

"I liked our date, Tyler."

"I'm glad to hear it, cuz it won't be the last one," he smirked.

We both laughed together, again.

He looked down at his phone, "shit."

"What's up, " I asked

"I gotta hit the studio real quick. Brent's already there. I'll drive you home."

...

"I'll text you when I'm done. Later."

I was a little disappointed that our date was cut short but I couldn't be mad at Tyler, it wasn't his fault. I had a good time with him but it confused me even more. I always tell myself to let time do its job, but I just can't get Tyler out of my mind. I need to see him again.

He is always so kind to me. I always see him pick on his friends, but he has never done that to me. So maybe that's a good sign? Or a bad one, maybe he doesn't even see me as a friend. There I am, overthinking again.

I was still tired, even if it was only 11:00 a.m. I decided to take a nap on my couch.

...
12:39 a.m

I heard a slight knock on my door then heard the handle twist. It made me jump out of my sleep.

"Hey I texted you I was in the area and wanted to stop by," he closed the door and turned around. "Were you sleeping?"

It was Frank. Great, I needed to have a talk with him.

"Yeah, what time is it?" I asked while I rubbed my eyes.

"12:40. You usually never sleep during the day, did something happen?" He was just messing with me.

"Shut up," I laughed, "nah nothing happened, what were you doing?"

"Needed to stop by this record store. They restocked on a record I've been wanting for a while."

"Oh that's cool."

"I think it's the same store you met T," he winked at me.

"You stupid," I threw a pillow at him. I shook my head, I needed to tell him, "speaking of Tyler..."

"Oh god, what happened?"

"I saw him this morning, we had breakfast together."

"And you sayin' that as if it was nothing?" his eyes opened wide. He sat down next to me on the couch. "You went on a date with him you ain't foolin' me."

"I don't think it was a date."

He tilted his head. It was obvious he didn't believe me.

"Okay he said it was a date but I think he was just kidding. He said it as a joke."

"Who you tryna convince? Me or you? He said it was a date, why would he call it a date if it wasn't?"

"I know right, why did he do that?"

Frank laughed, "I don't think you're getting it. He called it a date 'cause it was a date, at least to him."

"Yeah you're kinda right."

"I am right Louise. You should call him back."

"He's at the studio. He said he'd text me when he's done."

"That's a good sign."

"Yeah."

We both sat in silence for a few seconds.

"You think way too much Louise," he said smiling.

I threw another pillow at him.

"Oh by the way, can I borrow your D'Angelo Brown Sugar vinyl? I'll bring it back soon I promise."

I looked at him, "Mhmm. Guess they didn't have it at the record store uh?"

We both laughed.

"I'm kidding, you can borrow it. Be careful with it."