Chapter Five: Meet Again

Saturday

Frank helped Louise move in two days ago but they didn't really have time to catch up as they would've liked to. Today, Frank and Louise planned to have lunch at a small cafe downtown, Frank chose the location. Louise was really excited to see her friend again.

It was 10:00 AM and Louise was getting ready. It was the second time she played the Erykah Badu Mama's Gun record since she bought it Thursday night. She really loved that record and she was really proud to have it, she even called her mom to tell her.

Louise put on some high-waisted trousers and a cropped cardigan sweater with her black Doc Martens. She then put on some gold jewelry and grabbed one of her shoulder bags.

She received a text from Frank.

Frank
im picking you up in 15 minutes

Louise
cool!
i'll wait for you outside.

Frank and Louise arrived at the cafe. The server got them a table outside on the terrace. It was in October so the weather wasn't too hot.

"So, what are you working on?" asked Louise

"I already told you I wasn't gonna tell you," Frank crossed his arms, pretending to be angry. "At least not here," Frank winked at her.

Louise laughed it off.

"I think I saw one of your friends you told me about the other day," said Louise.

"Oh forreal? I mean, it's not impossible. Who was it?" asked Frank curiously.

"His name was Tyler."

"You met Tyler! I wanted to introduce him to you, i'm sure y'all would get along. How'd you met him?" asked Frank.

"It was at this record store. I picked up a record and then he approached me. He told me he loved that record. That's about it," explained Louise.

"It doesn't really surprise me about him. That's the kind of thing he does." said Frank

"He even asked me where I was from 'cause I have an accent," exclaimed Louise

Frank smiled. "Tyler's like that, he says anything that's on his mind. But he's right, you do kinda have an accent," said Frank amused

"I'm working on it! May I remind you I spent the last 10 years in France speaking French? Dumbass."

They both burst out laughing.

"Did you meet anyone interesting yet?" asked Frank.

"Meet anyone interesting as in meet someone to date? Chill out I've only been here for two days," said Louise amused.

Frank smiled. "Friday night. It'll be the birthday party of one of my friends. You're my plus one."

"Are you crazy? I'm not going! I have things to do," said Louise.

"Like what?" asked Frank.

"Things... I have to-"

"Louise stop lying! I know you don't have anything better to do. There will be a bunch of famous people, and I want you to meet my friends!" interrupted Frank.

"Exactly, there will be a bunch of famous people. You know I'm shy." said Louise.

"Come on Louise! I'll be there with you the whole time. You have to get out of your shell. You're in L.A, there are some many cool people you have to meet. I don't want you to feel alone. Please, do it for me?" asked Frank with pity eyes.

Frank was right. She didn't want to feel alone either.

"Okay, I'll go. But only because I wanna be with you." said Louise.

"Thank you! I love you! You won't regret it, I promise." said Frank.

Frank and Louise continued talking for about an hour before going back home. Louise didn't realise how much she had missed her friend.