Therapy

Chapter 13 Therapy

"Heroes and heroines my next guests are the most famous siblings in the world and no, it's not the Kardashian sisters," Ringmaster announces and the audience laughs at his joke.

"Let's welcome Gabby and Gill the unicyclist duo to the stage." Ringmaster claps as he moves off stage.

Gill, dressed in only a sports coat and khaki shorts, comes wheeling out from backstage with Gabby standing on the seat waving to the crowd in her glittery teal bodysuit. They make their way around the stage so the cheering audience can see them waving. Gill slows the speed of the unicycle to let Gabby jump off into a tuck and roll as Gill rides way from her. Gabby lands safely on her feet. She takes a quick bow as the crowd cheers. Gill rides back leaning over to the left, and sweeps Gabby off her feet, flipping her 180 degrees so she is sitting on his shoulders, shocking the ringmaster and the audience.

"How does she do that?" Ringmaster asks aloud.

The audience shouts with "woahs," "wows" and some gasps as they ride around the stage. The Harriets are amazed.

Gabby leans forward over Gill's head as he puts his hands on her waist, holding her as she slides her legs off his shoulders in a straight line bending her knees as she hovers over Gill's shoulder. She propels forward as Gill supports her body with his hands into a mid-air somersault. As she finishes the flip, she splits her legs, toeing the ground to find her balance as Gill, still using his legs to steer the unicycle, is holding her hand and supporting her neck. Gabby brings her other leg down to the ground walking out the move with little effort.

The acrobatic beauty waves to the crowd and says in her thick Bulgarian accent, "Hello, I'm Gabby and this is my brother Gill."

"We are the world famous unicyclist duo and no one has ever beaten us," Gill states smugly.

The audience cheers as Gill waves and does a hop-twist trick which is a move consisting of a hop and rotating with the unicycle before landing. Gill does a few more hops to meet up with Gabby as they bow for the audience.

"I want to try." The Ringmaster appears on stage.

"To beat us?"

"Why not?"

"You'll need a helmet," Gill says offhandedly.

"No problem. Yo, Fingers can you help me out?" Ringmaster shouts.

A young boy, one of the jugglers, comes out with a unicycle and a helmet, surprising Gill and the audience.

"Thank you, Fingers." Ringmaster takes the unicycle and helmet from him.

"Good luck, crazy." Fingers runs off backstage.

Gill says, "He's gonna need all the help he can get."

The audience laughs.

"Hey! I've been practicing."

Ringmaster puts on the helmet and puts the unicycle in safety position. This is where both pedals are horizontally level (equal distance from the ground). The rider's weight distributes equally on each pedal and the unicyclist has the most control over the unicycle.

After safety position, the ringmaster mounts the unicycle. To do this, he puts his dominant foot on a pedal that is at its lowest point and at the same time, he puts his weight on the seat. As he steps up and slightly forward, this will cause the unicycle wheel to roll back underneath him. Throughout this whole move, he keeps all of his weight on the pedal nearest the ground. The Ringmaster is wobbly and Gill is trying to hide his laughter.