Thirty

No one said anything. We didn't found the words.

"Now I am the one who dictate the rules. You can join us" Voldemort started talking.
"Or die" he finished with a smile.

Some people changed to his side. They were leaving us, giving up.

"Draco" Lucius called his son. Draco stared at them, afraid, without moving nor saying anything.
"Come with us, son" Lucius told him. We are were in silence, waiting to see what Draco was going to do. He didn't move.
"Draco, please" his mother said.
"Come with us" she added. I could see the fear on Narcissa's face.
Little by little, he started walking.
On the one hand I understood.
He had to choose, his parents, or us. It was normal for him to choose them. You could tell, for once in his life, that his father was worried about him.

Voldemort hugged him. We didn't knew why, but he did.
"Welcome again, Draco" he said.
Draco didn't said anything, he just walked to where his parents were. His mother hugged him, And I'd swear Lucius was relieved.

And then, Neville started walking towards them too, limping. He was going to leave us too.

"I admit that I expected something better" Voldemort said. All the Death Eaters laughed, except for the Malfoy's.

"What is your name?" The Dark Lord asked.
"Neville Longbottom" He replied. They started laughing again. Specially Bellatrix. She knew very well the Longbottom family. She was the one who killed Neville's parents when he was just a baby.

"Well, I am sure that we will be able to find you some place in our ranks" He added.

"I want to say something" Neville said. After some time, Voldemort let him talk.
"We would all be delighted to hear from you, Neville Longbottom" he said.

"It doesn't matter that Harry is dead" He started saying.
"Every day someone dies!" He made a pause. No one said nothing. We were just there, listening to him, without moving.
"Friends, family... yeah. We have lost Harry today, but he is still with us" he continued.
"Here"  he put his hand to his heart.
"And Fred, and Remus, Tonks... All of them. They have not died in vain" he added. When I heard all that names, I started feeling again that sadness, I wanted to cry again. But I tried so hard not to do it.
"But you will! Because you are wrong! " Voldemort started laughing because of what Neville was saying.
"Harry carried us in his heart, all of us! This is not over!" And then he pulled the gryffindor sword out of the sorting hat.

And just then, Harry jumped out of Hagrid's arms. He was alive. We were so glad that he was alive. Voldemort was slow to react. He was confused, he did not understand how it was possible that he was still alive.

"Confringo!" Harry attacked and then he ran.
Voldemort started attacking Harry, who was running escaping from the fire Voldemort was causing.
Everyone entered in panic again.

Many of the Death Eaters began to flee. They knew that Voldemort had little chance.

"Where are you going? No! Lucius!" Narcissa shouted when she saw his husband was going to help Voldemort.
"Lucius!!!" She insisted.  Lucius stopped.

We all entered in the castle, running away from the Death Eaters that were left.
We made a barrier in the door so that we could be safe for a while.
"We have to kill the snake!" Harry told us. We nodded.

And then, I saw it. Draco and his parents were leaving. They ran away. And then I understood them. Narcissa had tricked the Dark Lord, and now Voldemort knew it. He knew Harry was alive even though Narcissa had assured him he wasn't.
Narcissa had lied, because if she said Harry was dead, they would go to Howgarts. And that's where her son was. That was the only thing that mattered to her, his family.

Then I realized that Draco and I were not going to have our happy ending. I didn't have it with Fred, nor was I going to have it with him.
I had lost the two people I loved in less than two days.

Draco left. He left without even looking at me one last time. He left thinking that I didn't love him anymore, that I was angry and that I still believed that he had killed Fred. He left without knowing the truth.

The last two years flashed through my mind.
The day I met the twins on the train. They were my first friends. The day I confronted Draco for wanting to take us away from where we were because it was his tree.
The day Draco asked me to be friends. The day Fred asked me out. The day Fred and I kissed in the Great Hall that day. Also from when I was grounded with Draco in the divination classroom because Umbridge had punished Fred and me for kissing. He helped me clean it.
I remembered when I was ignoring him, when we fought, when we both got angry.
I remembered all the laughs with Fred, every joke, every smile. His smile.
And now, Fred was dead. Draco was going to turn around.
I was never going to see Fred again. Draco was not coming back, to everyone he and his family were traitors on both sides.
And I understood why they left just then. If they stayed, Voldemort would kill them for betraying him. That's why they escaped while he was busy fighting Harry. That way he would never know where they were.

I closed my eyes while the tears were falling through my cheeks.
I could hear the sound of many spells yet, but I cluldn't see how he was leaving. I couldn't.
When I opened them, I no longer saw Draco. He was gone. He really was gone.

But I was not going to lose hope. That never. Nothing is impossible until one dies. As long as I was alive, I was going to have hope.
Always.