094

playlist

replay

              never in a hundred years jinri imagine that she, out of all people would have a dinner with his ex's wife. not even once jinri thought she'll find herself in situation like this.

but she did, right in front of her is no other than mina kang — or now, mrs. mina lee, the wife of her ex boyfriend, mark lee.

jinri feel anxious for no reason. she silently fidget with her fingers as she and mina scan the menu for their desired dish.

heavens, jinri still can't believe she's having lunch with mina.

when mina once visited their hospital for some check up, jinri was shock to see her there but manage to compose herself immediately, she's going to be a doctor soon, professionalism is a must.

the check up proceeded smoothly until mina opened her mouth in the last minute.

it's just a simple, "doctor park, you don't mind having lunch with me anytime soon, right?" jinri can feel it, mina's hidden desire to talk to her. still perplexed but don't want to be rude, jinri ended up nodding.

and that was bothering her until today, the day when mina finally rang her phone and invited her out.

after giving their orders to the waiter, there was a silence that completely covered the two. god, it was so awkward. the suffocating atmosphere makes jinri more anxious.

its not like it is the first time she met mina, they are nothing but mere acquaintance due to the connection the parks have with the business world but that connection isn't enough to lift the heavy atmosphere surrounding the two.

there would always be some tension hiding somewhere.

"I'm sorry," jinri immediately avert her eyes to mina's direction, surprise by the sudden apology.

seeing the woman infront her confused, mina continued to smile apologetically, "I invited you to have lunch with me so I can properly apologize to you Doctora Park," she added.

jinri, who doesn't really know how to react, simply shake her head, "uh, jinri would do Mrs. Lee, I'm nowhere near being a doctor yet," she laugh lightly, trying to ease the heavy atmosphere. "but why are you apologizing?" she asked.

mina offered a close lip smile, her sadness hiding beneath them as she lock her palms together, brown orbs staring at jinri's almonds one.

"I'm sorry for getting in between your love story with mark," eyes wide, heart racing fast. jinri can feel the rising anxiety in her back.

different scenario of mina threatening her, mina getting angry at her enters her mind, god, when did she start overthinking things?

"I know how much you mean to him," she smile painfully, "you're his world jinri, and it pains me, makes me feel guilty everytime I hear him cry at night," she uttered, "nakakaguilty lang na humadlang ako sa pagmamahalan ng dalawang tao para sa kompanya namin." she added.

jinri immediately shook her head, as if telling mina to stop, "please..." she whispered but mina didn't fail to caught it, "please don't say sorry mina, you're not at fault nor you have something to apoligize for." she smile softly at the woman infront her.