058

play list

                "you good?" jinri nodded with a soft smile gracing her lips. hendery have been asking the same question for the past thirty minutes that she can't help but find it amusing.

they've been greeting the guests for a while now and it is starting to drain her out. this is why she avoided the business world and decided to be a doctor instead. she find it tiring, talking to business men and discussing business with them, she could have been chatting with the girls right now yet here she is, greeting them.

"so, when is the wedding?" and for what feels like the nth time, she frooze beside hendery.

she'd been hearing that question for the past hour too, everyone seems to know about the connection of the parks with the wongs that it's almost amusing, she would then glance at hendery, seeing how compose he is. he'll either answer with a smile, saying it is yet to be announced, or he'll answer with soon or simply divert the topic.

there's that guilt again. she can't help but feel like she did something wrong, if she isn't such a handful, hendery could have an answer to that question right now.

"you good?" she chuckle as she nodded for the nth time that night. "yesyes I'am," she smile, "don't sweat it too much."

hendery send her a soft smile as he squeeze her shoulder, he have that bothered look on his face, "I should be asking you that, are you okay?" she worriedly ask the guy.

hendery merely send her a small smile, "I..." he paused with jinri still looking at him expectantly, "I don't want you to feel pressured." he added.

"... oh." her lips form an 'o' in realization before plastering a sweet smile, "I'am not, I even told you na I'm ready na. you don't have to keep worrying about me." she added.

hendery curtly nod before smiling at her, "I know, how about you rest for now? I know you're tired greeting everyone." she sigh and plastered a tired expression, completely showing her agreement making him let out a low chuckle.

"I'll see you later ariel." he placed a loving kiss in the crown of her head with her smiling as he watch him walk off to another guest's table.

when hendery started talking to the guest, she retreated to the kitchen, deciding to take a break there.

she grab a glass of water before walking towards the back door that would lead to the back yard but pause on her steps when she opens the door and realizing that someone was currently standing infront of her.

their eyes meet, that familiar dark orbs looking into hers.

and for what feels like the nth time that night, she froze, this time for a different reason, she blink trying to compose herself she was, well — surprised, not expecting to bump into him anytime tonight.

"jinri," she gulp, the way her name roll out his tongue sends a wave of deja vu, a wave of familiarity, and at the moment she can't even name the emotion she's currently feeling.

"m-minhyung.." she stuttered before pursing her lips into a thin line, not knowing what to say.

its been a while since they last saw each other, the last time was probably during christmas where they have a small gathering, heck they didn't even interacted that time. it just have been so long since they talk, just the two of them.

looking at the man infront of her she could say he grew — he looks so mature, more handsome even and the way he presented himself screams confidence along with the aura he is emitting

somewhere inside jinri can't help but feel happy for the man standing infront of her — she can't help but feel happy that he finally reach his dreams. that he accomplished his goals.

to graduate, to earn a degree, to have a stable job, to lead their company — to get married.

mark finally reach his dreams, accomplish his goals and fulfill the plans they used to only dream in the past. — he's too far now.

"musta?" it's just a single word, one word that makes her feel all sort of emotion.

it's been a while yet the image of mark standing in front of the altar while she sat along with the crowd keep flashing on the back of her mind.

yeah, how is she?

" I - I'm fine." she smile, a weak smile that mark know deeply. "ikaw? how's life?" she tried to casually ask the question, fortunately for her, she succeeded.

it has been a while, almost two years even, so she tried to act as if she's fine, as if she already moved on.

"just fine," he responded, "business was good, so all is well."

she meckly nodded, "I see."

then silence.

cause what are they suppose to talk about then? they are both ex lovers who broke up even though they still love each other. they both wear scars that are yet to be healed. they keep silent but a lot of untold questions are currently swarming inside their heads. again, what are they suppose to talk about?

"so, when's the wedding?" and ofcourse, mark just have to ask that.

jinri mentally sigh as she stare at the night sky and glistening lights, "yet to be set." she answered.

mark don't know why, but he felt that small spark inside him, what was that?

"oh..."

jinri pondered for a while. the past few years have been hard but she's healing, slowly and surely. it was kind of confusing, with different riddle traps every once in a while. her doubts, her questions, her feelings, their plans, their situation. everything seems to be a mess but jinri, she know what she needed to do.

it was hard when she first think about it yet she know its the first step, first step towards a new chapter.

she sigh as she decided to grab the opportunity and ask the question that would set her free.

"mark, are you happy?"

unedited.