007

buried memories

         to love again is a hard task.

mark spun his office chair, his back resting on it as he took a break from his paper works.

the city lights flicker beneath him, almost replicating the stars, he feels like someone so high and mighty for a moment, considering how his office was placed on the highest floor of an enormous building.

he shook his head, feeling the fatigue of sleep deprivation. for once he just wanted to sleep and maybe have a pleasant dream.

for once, he just wanted to be home in her arms.

jinri.

then guilt.

everytime jinri crosses his mind, guilt would immediately struck him back. ofcourse, he is a man of values afterall. thinking about his ex lover doesn't sound right when he's already married.

even though it was forced, he knows damn well he have to well — move on, his story with jinri already ended and it's the right thing to do.

and the fact she's getting married aswell makes it even more right.

he'd been married for almost a year yet the feelings he have for jinri wouldn't leave him.

'yung feelings nandiyan pa pero yung mahal mo wala na.' fucking corny. he would thought.

but it's a fact. a fact he oh so wanted to put behind.

having feelings for someone when he's already married is just so wrong in many levels.

yet it's not like he can blame himself about it, again the whole arrangement was forced but everytime he see mina — his wife, it would always make him feel guilty.

moving on, forgetting jinri and learning to love his wife is the right thing to do.

but then, to love again is such a hard task.

especially if your buried memories would keep plaguing your mind like a fucking virus.