015

his promise

          he's always there, right beside her.

a smile immediately find its way to her lips the moment her eyes landed on his familiar tall structure. outside her class, waiting for her was no other than jisung himself.

"hey." he greeted, smiling softly at her as he started walking towards her, right hand buried deep into his pocket, his bag slinging on his right shoulder — he's basically sporting that college boyfriend look and jisung is slaying.

"kanina ka pa ba?" she ask, smiling sweetly at him.

jisung immediately shook his head no as they started walking towards the exit of the building.

"nah, kakatapos lang din ng klase ko." he answered.

and that is a lie.

but jiyeon doesn't need to know about that. whats important is that she knows he'll always be there for her.

"mhmm, thank you for waiting for me." she uttered, still smiling sweetly.

with a teasing grin he ruffled her hair, "syempre, lakas ka sakin' eh." and jiyeon giggle upon hearing that.

"may gusto kang puntahan?" jisung ask while checking on his watch, "may oras pa naman."

"wala na, mom wants me home early." with a nod, the two started walking towards the university's gate.

"okay, hatid na kita sa sakayan." and he did.

today was just like any other day. a daily reoccurrence for jiyeon and jisung and everyone often question them if they don't get tired with each other.

truth to be told, jiyeon often feels like a burden to jisung, and today is one of those days.

"may pupuntahan ka pa?" she ask, looking at the guy who's currently smiling at her.

".. yeah," he trailed off, "may kailangan lang talagang puntahan." jiyeon smile apologetically at the guy.

he could have prioritize this errand of his but he preferred waiting for her and walking her out of the university, jiyeon feels like a burden sometimes.

everybody is way too overprotective of her despite knowing she can already handle herself.

she got her sight back again, didn't she?

despite feeling that way sometimes, she'll always be thankful to those people who never fail to look after her.

"okay, ingat ka." she smiled sweetly before engulfing jisung into a tight hug.

with a final wave, the bus took off.

sometimes jiyeon would wonder, would question.

what pushing jisung to keep doing the things he'd been doing ever since she lost her eye sight?

why is he still so caring when she already got her sight back?

somehow, wondering about those things makes her feel sick.