outro: meraki

meraki

           ["anong oras alis mo bukas?"] felix ask from the other line, his deep voice resonating in the silent field. the woman in question paused for a while, brown orbs staring at the clear blue sky as her delicate fingers move to tuck her hair.

"mhmm, my flight is actually at dawn. I'll probably reach central city tomorrow morning." she responded, despite her speaking in low and soft manner, her voice still echoed in the silent place.

["ocakes, susunduin kita bukas. see you jiayu! ingat ka!"] felix bid excitedly making jia chuckle lightly before she bid her own goodbye as well.

"thank you, see you din. e kiss mo nalang ako kay haeun." ani niya sabay tawa ng bahagya.

rinig din niya ang pagtawa ni felix mula sa kabilang linya, ["kahit di' mo e request pre, e kkiss ko pa din si haeun."] pilyo nitong sagot dahilan ng pagtawa ni jia.

"TMI! sige na nga, salamat ulit lix."

["walang kaso boss, see you!"] rinig pa ni jiayu ang paghabol ni haeun ng paalam bago napatay ang tawag.

bahagya siyang natawa sa sarili bago tinuon ang pansin sa puntod na nasa harapan niya.

"mukhang matatagal na naman bago ulit ako makabisita sayo ma," she said to no one in particular. her gaze shifting back to the clear blue sky as she let the wind blow her brown locks.

"I have to leave for central city later, may bagong project na naman, ayos diba?" she chuckled happily, "saktong kakatapos lang nung isang project ko tapos meron na naman, lakas ko talaga ata kay Lord this days." she added, "tapos kasama ko pa daw sina erisa sa project na to', after five years ma mukhang nakahabol na din ako sa kanila." she uttered, but this time her voice came out low, her tone waver, as if an unwanted memory crossed her mind.

jiayu closed her eyes for a second as she shake those memories away. finally, after five years, she can finally say she  forgive herself.

six years ago, jiayu took the board exams along with everyone else — erisa, jeno and felix. but unlike the rest, jiayu didn't pass the exams.

ofcourse, she was devastated. she never studied as hard as she did while preparing for the board exams but sometimes, our best isn't enough.

and that devastating failure motivated her to study even more.

although it still didn't change the fact that she was devastated and deeply discouraged. mas lalo lang atang lumala when erisa was hired and assigned in ngc and immediately left for japan.

it didn't take long for jeno and felix to start working at ngc central branch as well.

she's happy for her friends, she was genuinely happy for them but the feeling of being left behind was hard to ignore.

so she worked hard, pulled herself up and comfort herself that everything happens for a reason, at baka di niya pa talaga oras. may tamang panahon na nilaan sa kanya.

and like heaven heard, jiayu passed after the second time.

naalala niya kung gaano siya umiyak that time. and when she got hired and was assigned in ngc china, jiayu thought that maybe, that was the reason why she didn't passed on the first try.