005

fear of commitment

      jinri would always be thankful.

there wouldn't be a day where she wouldn't feel grateful to have hendery in her life.

hendery was a blessing amidst the chaos.

he was someone she didn't see nor expecting to come, someone who exist in order to save her.

just like a knight in shining armour or whatever, hendery came to her rescue.

yet, why does she doubt him so much?

"hey ariel." hendery happily called with that nickname he dubbed her with, soft laughter escaping his lips as he usher her to come closer.

she smile upon seeing the look on his face, he just look so happy that she can't help but smile as well.

"look at this." he called.

she didn't even think twice and just move closer to the guy, looking over his shoulder to see what makes him laugh so much.

and ofcourse, it's just some random meme video he found on his feed.

she can't help but laugh aswell.

jinri wonder, why would she doubt someone as precious as hendery.

why would she doubt the guy who save her from her own misery? who stayed with her amidst the darkness?

their engagement party is being held back courtesy to hendery who wouldn't allow the event to take place unless she's ready.

no matter how much she told him that she's ready, he would turn down the claim saying an engagement wouldn't happen unless they are both ready.

although in fact, it's just him waiting for her.

hendery even make such consideration for her. it makes her feel ashamed, knowing damn well she's just pushing her and hendery's families plans by holding the engagement back.

she really don't get it.

despite hendery's kindness towards her, she can't see the benefit he'll get upon the arrangement.

why would hendery even save her? why is he so kind? why would he stay with her? why would he even want to marry her? why is he even doing this?

jinri just don't get it.

she appreciate everything but can't help but question it.

the party they once meet at was the first time they meet, they don't even know each other before that.

so why the sudden interest after that?

maybe because he knew they are bound to get married or something yet why would he even wait for such a long time and go to such extent just for her?

what's in there for him? jinri don't get it.

" — jinri" she snap back to reality upon hearing his voice, she blink slowly before looking at him. "yeah?"

"you're spacing out, you good?" he ask, concern evident on his face.

see? jinri just don't get it, why is he even so kind to her? jinri is a fucked up mess, so why?

with a smile, she nodded, "yes."