Chapter 6: The Snow Ball

When the final bell rings, I don't even try to find Delilah or Harper, knowing that they are both on their way home to get ready for a great night. Since it's also a Friday night, the party can go longer than it would any other night. I pull up outside my house and literally sprint all the way inside up the steps and into my bedroom. That's how excited I am. 

I grab my curling wand and start to heat that up. While that's going, I pull my dress and shoes out of my closet, setting them neatly on my bed. White dress, royal blue flats(everyone will be wearing heels and complaining), silver head chain, white clutch, silver infinity ring, diamond studs, heart necklace(from my ex boyfriend), and the new silver phone case I got from the mall last week. When I pull everything out of my closet, I run back over to the curling wand, and sit down on my chair in front of my mirror. My naturally straight hair, needs something to make it look less flat, so I curl it only slightly, more like beach waves.When I finish my hair, I grab my hair chain, and make sure its put securely in, so it won't fall out when I'm dancing. I need to be on fleek all night long. Now, time for makeup. I run into my bathroom and wash my face, to make sure that my face is nice and clean for my makeup. 

        Then, I sit at my vanity and grab my foundation out of my makeup case and put it evenly on my face.(I sound like a beauty guru, and I know it.) Then I do a simple nude smokey eye, and just for the fun of it, red lipstick. Then, I stand up and change out of my school shirt, and pull on the gorgeous white dress. Then I slip my Uggs and socks off, and pull my royal blue velvet flats on. And since at the moment, my nails are black, so I need, desperately, to change the color. To silver. To match the rest of my outfit. So I remove the black polish and as neatly as possible replace it with the silver, making sure that it doesn't spill all over my dress.When I'm done, I grab my jewelry and make sure they look perfect, and suddenly, the doorbell has been rung. I yell downstairs, to my dad, not to answer the door, and that when I get down there I'll get it, but I'm too late. He answered the door. Of course he knew that Landon, one of my best friends was taking me, but I didn't want him to interrogate him. Like he usually does with the other boys. Especially my ex boyfriend Nicholas. Who dumped me a year ago today. At the Snow Ball. Jerk. And I'll see him tonight. Joy. 

When I walk down the stairs, all conversation stops. Between my dad and Landon, Landon and Court, my mum and Carter. Silence. They all look at me like I've become a completely different person. From the cute punky girl, to the pretty, popular girl. A completely different person, in completely different clothes. But that's okay. because even the goth girls wear dresses to this. I just wanna get there, so I can see what Delilah had up her sleeve. She wouldn't tell me over FaceTime what she's wearing. So as soon as my mum has her phone out and is ready to take the picture, I pose beside Landon, and smile, wanting this done as quick as possible. She counts down, and the flash goes off twice and we're done. We say goodbye and I grab my jacket and shuffle out the door, Landon following behind, unlocking the passenger door and opening his door to start the car. We arrive at the school, and immediately, through the sea of people, I find Delilah. Becaus only Delilah would wear a hot pink mini dress in January. And soon enough. there is big circle of us dancing in the middle of the gym. Just genuine fun. 

And this time, I didn't get dumped. And I'm pretty sure I made Nick jealous by walking in with Landon.

A/N: Thank you those who gave feedback, it means a lot to me!:)

Polyvore:http://www.polyvore.com/claires_snow_ball_outfit/set?id=148936437

Instagram: abby.rose33 OR abbypark_draws

Tumblr: lukes-tiniest-penguin.tumblr.com

Youtube: Search Abby Park Channel