Chapter 8: Movie Day Gone Wrong

Since it was Sunday, I decided to have quality time with Delilah and just spend the day being lazy and watching movies on my ipad. I shoot her a quick text and she answers in seconds, replying that she'd be here in 10. I assure  our favorite movies, 17 Again, The Lego Movie, The Fault in Our Stars, Pitch Perfect, Grown Ups 2, Mean Girls, and Catching Fire, are on there properly, then go downstairs to make myself some tea, and popcorn for the both of us. When she arrives, she walks right through the front door, up the steps, and into my room, plopping her purse on one of the chairs, before flopping onto my bed, in an exausted groan. I can tellshe needed this. Desperately. Her parents are always putting pressure on her to stop playing guiatr, and continue with the family instrument of the violin. Which she hates. Her younger cousins, Ella and James, both play, and want to be in a big orchestra one day. But Delilah wants to rock it on the stage in front of millions. And so do I. She pulls her heavy black jacket off, and reveals her favorite sweater (which reads has the real definithion of Netflixing on it), and the top of t\her black leggings. She slips off her chesnut Uggs, and pulls her phone out, to text her mum she arrived safely to my house. She looks at me, and can tell that I didn't change before she got here. I'm still wearing my gray hooded baseball tee style sweatsirt, sweatpants, and I threw a beanie over my messy hair, and blck Uggs on to keep my feet warm."Haven't changed I see" she says laughing. I giggle and shake my head, "Which would you like to start wiht?" I ask her, pulling up the choices for the movies we always watch. "Lego Movie. Duh" like its the most obvious choice ever. I click it, and it starts to load. As soon as the song starts playing, we're singing "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! EVERYTHIG IS COOL WHEN YOURE PART OF A TEAM!" and before I know what hit me, a pillow is thrown at my face. And Delilah is dying laughing. "Oh it's on!" i scream, and she runs away screaming, knowing I mean business. 

        After about 20 minutes of us yelling at each other and fits of laughter, I get a call from Neave. 

"Hello?"I answer the phone after 2 or 3 rings. 

"Hey! Are you busy?"She asks

"Um actually I'm with Del" I answer using Delilah's hated nickname.

"Oh. I was wondering if you wanted to meet at the mall, but you're with her, so maybe tomorrow after school?" 

"Yeah, yeah. Absolutely. Meet you at the Starbucks at 3?"

"Awesome see you then. Bye!"

"See ya"

And hang up. I can feel Delilah's eyes burning in the back of my head. 

"Who was that?" She asks. "Oh, uhhh nobody. Just this girl I have anatomy class with. We have a project and we have to get together. We're meeting up tomorrow. Don't worry about it." I answer shrugging. She nabbs my phone out of my hand, checking my calls. "Neave?! Neave called you? you're meeting Neave? I thought she hated you, I thought you hated her!"She outbursts. There's the pop. "Do you know who I hang out with most of the time?" I ask, getting angrier. She doesn't answer. "No. You don't. Becuae your always off, being  a bitch with your fucking cheerleader friends to care enough about who I hang around with at school!" "So?!That doesn't give you the right to get all angry with me when I get mad about you becoming best friends with an ex friend of mine!" "Oh but it does. You know what? I'm done with your bull shit. I'll see you tomorrow at 5 for band rehearsal. I would be glad to see you out to your car." She doesn't answer, yet again. She grabs her shoes and her phone, then puts her coat on, and storms down the stairs. Opening the front door, and slamming both the front door, and her car door. Not even a good bye. Soemtimes she needs a reality check. She becomes too bitchy, and I remind her that she needs to stop. And then she gets annoyed at me. Then the next day, pretending nothing happened.  That needed to be done. Knowing Scarlett, our superior, she and Harper will sense the tension and leave the room, making us work it out. And thats not what I want. But we need to be able to work together, after all, we are both in the band. And Infinities Play wouldn't be Infinities Play without Del.

Claire's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/claires_outfit_for_movie_day/set?id=150481732

Delilah's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/delilahs_outfit/set?id=150481783

Movies They "Watched": http://www.polyvore.com/movies_girls_watch/set?id=150481851