Chapter 36// Journey

We were starting our journey for our very first break, and heading back to New Jersey. All 5 of us, tugged out suitcases through the crowd of screaming girls at the airport. Getting phones and CDs shoved in your face is something I finally got used to after about a week of flying and showing up places. There will ALWAYS be someone there who is a fan wanting you to sign something. Always. No matter what.
Luke, Delilah, Harper, Scarlett and I make our way to the security check, get through and head straight for the food, as it is about 4:45 AM. I grab a smoothie and a bagel from some breakfast shop. I don't even know what it's called. We're leaving London, at 5:15 (LONDON TIME) and arriving in Philadelphia at around 8:00/ 8:30 (EST). Seems like a handful of time, but honestly, I don't even care. I just want to see my beloved siblings. That aren't even my siblings.

When we get off the plane, we are greeted with yet another que of fans waiting for us.
We hop in the back of my family's black Suburban, and drive back home.
When I walk in the door, Court knows it's me arriving back from being away for seemed like a million years.
"Sissy! You're back! I missed you!!"
"Hey baby! I missed you too! How are you? You've grown since I saw you in May haven't you?" I ask her.
"I did grow! I even lost two teeth! How are all the girls? And those boys you hang out with a the time? I like Mikey. He's cute"
I chuckle at her, blushing over one of my now closest friends.
"Luke, did you hear that? She has a crush on Michael!" I shout, picking her up and lugging her to the kitchen where my other siblings are around, greeting Luke.
"Hey, uh I'm Caleb." My first younger brother says, holding his hand out for Luke to shake.
"Hi. I'm Luke. Nice to meet you."
"I'm Carter. I don't think we met back in February when you crashed in our basement." Carter says chuckling and pulling him in for a hug.
"I'm Connor. You're very tall. And your lip ring is very cool. Did you convince Claire to dye her hair like that?"
"I'm Luke. People say I'm like a reverse giraffe. And no. I did not. My good friend Michael did."
"And this is Court. You've met her already."
"Indeed i have. How are you princess?" Luke asks the youngest child of our family.
"I'm fabulous. Can everybody call me princess from now on?"
"NO!" We shout at her as a family.
"That's what Luke calls girls he likes. Do you think Luke has a crush on you?" I whisper in her ear, as I adjust her position on my hip.
She giggles and shakes her head no.
"Aw that's too bad. Because I think he does." I giggle.
"So Claire and Luke. Tell us all about touring! What's it like?" My mother says, walking back into the kitchen from doing God knows what.
"It's great! We have a lot of fun and being on stage almost every night scare the living sh- poop out of me." I say, almost swearing, but catching myself, knowing that is have to put $1 in the swear jar. And I do not feel like contributing to it this trip.
"Yeah it's great! It's nice to just chill before and after shows. She's crazy. And so are her friends. But that's okay, cause so are we. It's really great, just spending good time with each other without all the screaming fans and butt touching that comes along with who we are." Luke answers. He motions for me to come closer to him, so I set Court down and walk over to him.
"Do they know you're adopted yet?"
"Uh I don't know honestly. I'll ask."
I walk over to where my dad was standing, watching the baseball game on the television, and whisper in his ear,
"Do any of the other kids know that I'm adopted?" He shakes his head no. "Is this a good time to tell them? While we're all here?"
He nods yes and tells me to tell my mother.
"Hey mom, should we tell the other kids I'm adopted? It seems like the perfect time to tell them since Luke is here and we won't be here very much longer. Just until tomorrow mid morning when we leaves for New Zealand and Australia. Where I get to meet my birth family."
"Yeah. I think now's as great a time as any."
I walk back to Luke and tell him it's go time.