Chapter 2: Delilah and I

Claire's POV

After the barista calls my name and hands me my warm cup, I scurry carefully back to where Delilah is sitting. She already has her peppermint mocha and is scroling through Instagram when I get back.       "So, what's up?"I ask her, knowing that there's something she needs to tell me. She only asks to meet at 'Starbucks in 10', when she needs to talk. "So you know how my mum and dad were trying to book Disney for a spring vacation?" I nod my head, knowing exactly where she was going with this. She's supposed to be coming over my house Easter Eve, and staying until like 3 AM, but I know that's being changed."Well, they booked it for that too. You're more than welcome to come down and join u for New Years, but I won't be able to make it for Easter Eve at your house. I'm sorry. I know how much you wanted me to help you escape the cheek pinching family."She says pulling her mouth into a straight line.Of course. I knew it. At least I can go down for regular vacation, it's better than nothing. Suddenly as we start to slip into our normal conversation about buys at school, I feel my phone buzz in the back pocket of my black skinny jeans. I reach down and pull it out, seeing a text from Neave.  'No. Delilah and I got into a little fight last weekend and thus far, is not invited on our trip.Please don't mention the trip or she'll get jealous that I asked you before her.Feel free to ask about the fight, but make sure you answer me by Thursday because I need to know how many train tickets to buy.' Yeesh. Delilah and Neave are friends from cheerleading, and Delilah and I are practically sisters as we've been friends since we were 6. That's right. 11 years. Sadly, I'm not as good friends with Neave as I explained earlier. But I'll gladly take a trip with her. But enough with that topic.

"Do you think Gabe likes me?"Delilha asks me suddenly, breaking the silence.

"Nah. He's too into Jess' ass."I reply.

"So?He can be into girls asses and still like me." She states. Ahh, she's too carefree. If the guy I like was into other girls asses, I would get ticked off. Obviously the guy I like is famous and has no idea I exist. 

"Uh, it's your choice if you'll still date him even though he checks girls out cnstantly. Didn't you hear what he did to Courtney and Brittney? He cheated on them. With each other! Do you seriously want that happening?" I ask gesturing to the ridiculousness of this situation.