Chapter 40// Rumors

"Hey! Claire! Is it true your leaving Infinities Play? Is the band breaking up? Are you and Calum Hood dating? What happened the other night at the show? Explain what's going on?!" paparazzi shout at me as I walk out of the music store where I had been enjoying my afternoon, only to have it ruined by being bombarded with questions.

"Not right now, thank you!" I shout back and walk to the awaiting car to take me back to the hotel.

+++

"What is this?" Scarlett asks me, throwing a tabloid down on the table. The front cover says,

'Infinities Play Breaking Up? We have news from an inside source that members are leaving the band. Look on page 42 for all the juicy details'

"What the hell? Why do they think we're breaking up?"

"You tell me. They seem to think you're starting a solo career."

"Why would I do that? You guys are my best friends."

"Zayn did it to Niall, Harry, Liam, and Louis, why wouldn't you?"

"You aren't serious about this? Please tell me you're joking?"

"I wish I were."

"Okay. Whatever. I'm gonna go stay with Luke and Ashton for a while."

"Fine."

I walk down the hallway, and stop outside Luke's door. I knock hesitantly on their door.

"Just a moment!" Luke yells from the other side of the door.

When the door opens, the cranky look on Luke's face from being disturbed changes into one of happiness.

"There's my little sister! I was actually hoping you'd stop by. I want you to meet somebody."

"Oh. Alright." I say, following him into the room.

I see a girl with long blond hair, sitting on the edge of his bed.

"Hey. I'm Mia Harlow. Luke's girlfriend. You're Claire, right?"

"Yeah. I am. It's nice to meet you."

"You too. I've heard so much about you! I can't believe I'm actually meeting you. I love your band. You guys play fucking good music."

"Thank you so much! Your a really good singer as well!"

"No problem. And thank you so much! I didn't think you would actually listen to my kind of music. I saw some rumors about the band breaking up. Please confirm that these are just rumors?"

"Of course they are. The other girls are like my sisters. I would never just dump them on the side of the road and forget about them. Except for me and Scarlett right now. She thinks that I'm really dumping the band."

"Aw sweetie, everything will be alright. She's older than you. And probably worried about you becoming part of the world out there. Don't worry about it." Mia says, scooting over to make room for me to sit next to her.

"Thank you. You're really nice."

"Thank you."

"This is what I was hoping would happen. Now Claire, why exactly did you come down here?"

"Cause I'm in a fight with Scarlett, and I was hoping I could stay here or in Mike and Cal's room?"

"Yeah I guess. But shouldn't you try to talk to Scarlett? Tell her that you're not leaving the band?"

"Yeah. You should. Ease her mind about you becoming an adult." Mia chimes in

"Jeez you guys sound like mum."