Chapter 5: School. Otherwise Known As Hell.

I don't even know what time I fell asleep last night. I was talking about Infinities Play when I drifted off. When I feek my phone buzzing next to me, I realize that it's not my regular alarm that goes off at 6:00, but a FaceTime call from Delilah. I lazily roll towards the table beside my bed, where my phone is placed charging. I pick it up and click the green, 'Answer' button and wait for the call to connect. When it finally connects, she's practically yelling at me."Do you have any idea how fucking long I've been trying to get you to wake up?!"

"Uhh. No. It's i don't even know what time. You know that I wake up at 6:00."I complain.

"Oooh yeah. Sorry bout that. I forgot." She says innocently.

"Whatever. Now what is so important that you needed to FaceTime me at 5:32 in the morning?"I ask.

"Oh. Nothing. You just wake up so late compared to me, I wanted to talk to somebody."She answers lightly.

"Oh. Well now that I'm awake, anything else you want to say?"I say briskly. It's too early to be my normal happy self. I'm also thinking of what I want to wear to school today, as it is the day of the Snow Ball, where my date dumped me last year. I need to look like he didn't affect me anyway shape or form. Even though he did. 

"What are you wearing today?" She asks. 

"I don't know dude. I wanna wear my cousins Snow Ball dress. It was just plain white and she paired it with some cool colors." i say simply. That's what my mum wanted me to wear since they announced the Snow Ball was today.

        Delilah doesnt get to tell me her master plan for what she's wearing as she gets interuppted by her mum yelling at er to get downstairs to do the breakfast dishes.Jesus that family is up early. She hangs up and I figure it's not worth it to go back to sleep as my alarm will be going off in 10 minutes anyway.I turn off my alarm and head down the stairs to start making breakfast. Since my dad leaves for work at like 4:30, he's already gone and made all 5 of our lunches for school today. On mine, there's a note about the Snow Ball. 

'Angel babe, good luck today with the Snow Ball preperation, I hope you win Snow Queen and that your date won't leave again.Anyway, I love you to the moon and back. See you after the ball!-Dad<3'

        How sweet. Kinda. He brought up the date thing. I was having trouble finding a date for this year, because of what happened last year. I was afraid of what was going to happen. But finally, one of my best guy friends, Landon, asked me to go with hima nd obviously I said yes. I ahve a feeling  that we'll be very up high on the King and Queen scoreboard. I mean, muscian/dancer and the quaterback of the football team? Winning!

        After I make myself some eggs and toast and sit down to eat them, Carer and Connor come bounding down the stairs for breakfast. Then soon after, we hear the pounding of Caleb's heavy feet trudging up the stairs from the basement. And not long after, my mum and Court are sleepily descending the stairs. The gangs all here. Now that my mum is downstairs, I can go upstairs to get ready for the day. I run up the third floor steps and grab my shower towels and scurry through th chilly upstairs into the batroom. I hang my towles and start the water and adjust the temperature until it's to my liking, and hop in. Not taking too long, knowing that 4 other people need to shower too. When I finish, I grab my towles and run towrds the third floor steps, quickly ascending them, trying not to freeze my ass off in the process. I get up there and head to my closet. I don't need to be too fancy as it's a half day because of the Snow Ball, which starts at 5.

        I pull on my favorite shirt that syas 'Stress Is Caused By Giving A Fuck'. I pull a pair of black leggings from the bottim shelf in my closet and my black Uggs from the shoe organizer. I go over to my blow dryer on my makeup desk and turn it on, drying it straight, so it's easier to straighten it when I'm ready. After I dry my hair, I plug in my straightener to rangle the head of blond beach waves on my head. When I've comepleted that, I run back to my closet to grab my black beanie that says 'Bad Hair Day', even though I'm not. And go back to my vanity to start my makeup. I usually go full out on the mascara, eyeliner, foundation, etc. But since I'm doing that later, I put a single coat of mascara on and then swipe some glittery lip gloss on my full lips. Then, I run back to the bathroom to brush my teeth before I go downstairs to grab my bag. And then I realixe that I slept in one of my last pairs of contacts, so I sprint back up the stairs to take those out and put my rarely used glasses on. Then finally I get down stairs to pull on my jacket and grab my black backpack and car keys. (A/N: I HAVE A POLYVORE. LINK AT THE END, SEE THIS OUTFIT, 1-3, AND THE SNOW BALL OUTFIT)      

          When I hop in the car, as usual, it takes forever to heat up, and since I'm still so tired, I don't feel like turning the music on, and instead, my mind drifts off to Court's birthday tomorrow. All I know is that I am in charge of making sure that if the kids brought a present, which they all do, is to make sure they put them where they go and that they have their invitation with them. Otherwise, my mum's a stickler for that, they won't be allowed in the party. Which to me, is bogus. There were two of my really good friends not allowed into my Sweet Sixteen because they forgot their invitations, it was like the stupidest thing. But, whatever. 13 screaming little monsters are being welcomed into my home. And I'm not looking foward to it.  

        Finally my car is warm, and I pull away from the curb outside and head towards my school. When I arrive, Delilah and Harper arriving in their cars at the same time. We need to start preparing for that interview soon. They also want us to play a small show, which means we probably should do another cover. i haven't even checked our band YouTube since we put up the Try cover two weeks before Christmas.And when I last looked at that, we had 200,000 subscribers. Now we probably have more, all wanting another cover. Thankfully the 3 of us have the same lunch period, and can add Scarlett to a group chat, to decide what to do. I personally think we should do 'Just Saying' by 5 Seonds of Summer. 

        I'm in a separate homeroom from Neave and Delilah, so after Delilah and I get our first and second period stuff, we head off  in our separate homeroom directions. I have Algebra for 1st and 2nd period. And the treacher, Mr.Wilson, is absolutely amazing. He   jokingly yells at us trying to be funny and picks on the kids who their parents are frinds with him. (coughh* my mum* cough). 

        Before I knew it, school was over and it was time to head home to get ready for the Snow Ball.

Claire's School Outfit Polyvore: http://www.polyvore.com/claires_outfit_for_school_chp/set?id=148941973