Chapter 28: School and Songs

I roll out of bed the morning after dropping Neave, and 5SOS going to Japan, and realize it's my first day back at school. As a "famous" person. As knowing I'm Luke Hemmings sister. As knowing I'm not truly Claire Valentine. But Claire Hemmings. (Scarlett stayed until like 1:00 AM when her parents realized she left)

I shower, and change into a dark grey tank top that says 'Over My Dead Body', black skinny jeans, black converse, and finish by pulling a white beanie over my messed wavy blond locks.

I grab the backpack that I haven't touched in over two weeks, and sling it over my shoulder, heading to my car and driving myself back to prison.

I park my car in the junior lot, and head towards the door. As soon as people see me, I hear the murmurs and whispers. "She was in LA with 5sos." "What do they see in her? She's a weirdo" "Is she the one Luke's dating?" "No. I thought Calum was dating her." "I thought she and Ash were together." "Maybe she's with all of them, and is pretening not to be a slut." "Maybe, they were being nice to the charity case, and let her stay with them cause they felt bad"

I head to my locker without any notice to them. I grab my first period text book and notebook, and head towards homeroom. Where I so greatfully get to see both Neave and Nick(can you sense the sarcasm?). I sit at my usual table and wait for the girls that usually at it with me to come in. But when they do, they head towards Neave and Nick's table. I text Del and say, 'I bet you 100 bucks that Neave and Nick hooked up last night at some party and are now a thing. Idiots.'

She replies, 'Deal. 100 bucks it is.' I usher one of the nerd who always knows everything about everyone, and ask him. "Are Nick and Neave like a thing now?" He answers, "Yup. They hooked up last night, and she is like in love with his skills and him."

I pull my phone back out, and text Del. 'That 100 bucks is mine. I was right on the money.' Before I can press send, the teacher walks over to me and says, "What's so funny Ms. Valentine? You miss two weeks of school for music and you think you can do what you want? Wrong. Phone in the phone bucket of shame. Now. Unless you would care to share what you were laughing at."

"I was texting Delilah Mercer. In the other homeroom about the new 'It' couple. Here's our convo; 'I bet you 100 bucks that Neave and Nick hooked up last night at some party and are now a thing. Idiots.' And she replied, 'Deal. 100 bucks it is.'" By this point, the entire class, except for Neave and Nick are laughing on the floor.

"And I asked Kevin, and he told me they were. So I texted Delilah, 'That 100 bucks is mine. I was right on the money.' But i didn't get to send it because you came to discipline me. Rightly so, I assume?"

He laughs and says, "Phone still goes in the bucket." And whispers, "Nice bet though. Congrats on your 100 bucks"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When schools over, I hop in my car and head home.

When I walk through the door, I head up the stairs, my foot steps echoing throught the empty-except for Mouse- house. I take off my shoes and toss them into my closet, then pulling my phone out of my pocket, seeing a notification about a tweet mentioning me.

'@malum_isbae: @5sos @michael5sos @calum5sos @ashton5sos @luke5sos What do you guys see in @claire_valentineIP? I mean, she's pretty, but I looked at her instagram, and youtube. She can't sing, and she's boring. You shoulv'e picked someone better. Idiots.'

I ignore that notification and move on to the messages I missed while I was driving.

To: Little Hemmo- Hi Claire! We miss you! We're having an amazing time in Japan! We'll call you as soon as we can! -Mikey, Ashtah, Cal Pal and Lukexxxx

To: "Uncle" Mike- Don't rush in calling me! I miss you guys too! I feel bad for not giving 4 kisses last time, so um here's 8. lol -Clairexxxxxxxx

Surprisingly, that's the only message I missed. Since I'm bored, I text Harper and ask her if she wants to come over and help me write a song. Because, I feel like if we write one more song, we'll have an amazing EP. And then, it can come out sooner. And we can do one of thoe thinges, where we go track by track and explain it for the world.

She tells me she'll be over in 15, and i grab thmy guitar and notebook. When Harper arrives, she finds me in the music room starting, and struggling with the lyrics after our starter.

It's a brand new day, it's never too late to start

And suddenly, she gasps and continues the song, only stopping after like or so lines.

Can't live this life with an empty heart
It's a roller coaster ride for one
When we know it's do or die and we're running out of time
We've gotta give it all we got
All we've got!

I like this. We keep going until the song is finsihed. We still have to assign parts, and record. That means we'll have to do a homemade one with my dad. Oh yeah, did I mention that my dad owns a record company, BUT didn't ever sign us, cause people would think it's unfair.

(Verse 1)- It's a brand new day, it;s never too late to start
Can't live this life with an empty heart
(Pre-Chorus)- Every single time we lay it one the line
It's a roller coaster ride for one
When we know it's do or die and we're running out of time
We've gotta give it all we got
All we've got!
(Chorus)-
I want something more
A life worth fighting for
I don't need a reason,to set the world on fire
And burn a little bit brighter now
There's something beautiful hiding in the shadows
So set the world on fire
Let's burn a little bit brighter now
(Verse 2)-Sometimes we gotta risk it all to chase a dream
If we dive in headfirst, all or nothing kind of thing
(Pre-Chorus)-
Every single time we lay it one the line
It's a roller coaster ride for one
When we know it's do or die and we're running out of time
We've gotta give it all we got
All we've got!
(Chorus)-
I want something more
A life worth fighting for
I don't need a reason,to set the world on fire
And burn a little bit brighter now!
There's something beautiful hiding in the shadows
So set the world on fire
Let's burn a little bit brighter now!
(Bridge[x2])-
Can't stand by and wait like the others
I'm front line and won't run for cover
Head held high cause I'm burning brighter
Yeah I'm burning brighter!
(Chorus)-
I want something more
A life worth fighting for
I don't need a reason,to set the world on fire
And burn a little bit brighter now! (x2)
(Outro)-
It's a brand new day, its never too late to start
Can't live this life with an empty heart

After we were done writing, we went upstairs and sat in my bedroom, watching random youtube videos and we decided to text the other girls, and to tweet out that we were going to do a Livestream. Our very first.