Prologue

Y/n was just like any other person in a sense of normality of where she is from. She grew up on a farm, snd did usual farm work, like feeding the cattle, chickens, and even breaking ice on the pond in the cold winter months.

She never really thought about what she'd like to do after school other than college, let alone if she wanted to settle down or not. But of course, fate has a way of ruining our plans, and it just so happened to wreck Y/n's.

When Y/n was nineteen years old, she found out that she was pregnant with a healthy baby boy. And that would be all fine and dandy, if the boys father wasn't the way he was.

She tried to contact the father many times, but he refused to have any part of the baby's life, and so she didn't push it any further. She didn't want her child to grow up feeling like his father didn't want him, because she knew what it felt like.

Shortly before her child was born, Y/n received heartbreaking news that would tear her apart for the rest of her life. Her parents had passed away, within minutes of each other. She knew that they were in bad health, but she was so busy trying to prepare herself for bringing a new soul into this world that she lost all track of time. No matter how much she tried to convince herself that it wasn't her fault, she still felt guilty that she didn't get to say goodbye to her mother. Her father, she could care less about.

Y/n then got possession of her family's farm, and that's where she stayed until her baby boy who she named Grant Edmund L/n, was eight years of age.

Grant helped where he could with his little chubby fingers, but his mother struggled to keep the farm up and running financially. So she did what any struggling single mother would have done and packed up a few essential belongings in her trusty car, and sold the house, the land, and everything else she had.

A good friend of Y/n's had reached out to her shortly after Grant was born, stating that if they ever needed anything, that they'd be one call away. Y/n never knew that she'd be making that call so soon.

So with the large sum of money that Y/n had from selling all of her belongings, she made a testy goodbye to her childhood home, and left for Manhattan, New York.

Y/n's closest childhood friend, Dallas(you can change the name if you want) , always dreamed about moving to New York, and she pursued her dream as soon as she graduated high school to go to college there. Y/n never dreamt or even thought about ever leaving the countryside, but she felt like she needed a fresh start, and if nothing else, a blank slate for little Grant.

A/n:

  This is my third BuckyxReader work, but I still make a few errors, so constructive criticism is always welcome! And please don't hesitate to vote or comment you lovely human beings 🥰❤️

~Tallie