Chapter 19

A/n: before you read, to clear up any confusion, this is just a bunch of memories spanned throughout the rest of the year (June-December). All of these are in your POV btw.

July 4th

We were all gathered around the grill at Central Park, trying to cool off on the hot Independence Day. Tony had rented out a good portion of the park, so we had a large area to ourselves. Today is Steve's birthday, and he requested something small, so a cookout at the park just seemed right.

Grant and Bucky were over playing on the playground, Bucky white literally playing on the play set. It was amazing how easy it was for Grant to bring out the inner-child in Bucky. Manny had grow fast, and he laid down at my feet, panting up a a storm. I thick coat wasn't meant for the heat, even with it cut down short like it was now. Bucky said that Manny looked like a lion with his new haircut.

After food was served and everyone's bellies had settled, Natasha pulled me away from my place on the grass beside Bucky. She smirked evily at me as she opened up a huge water cooler, and revealed about five hundred water alone inside. My smirk matched hers and we both grabbed a couple each, and I took the honors of throwing the first one.

I aimed it right at Bucky's back, and hit it dead center. He turned around slowly, and by the time someone had yelled 'WATER FIGHT!' I was scrambling away with as many water balloons as my arms could carry.

Everyone split off into two teams easily, and I was shocked and a little hurt to see that Grant had joined Bucky's team instead of mine.

Bucky's team consisted of: him, Grant, Steve, Clint and his kids, Thor, and James (Rhodes). My team was: me, Natasha, Thor, Tony, Peter, Wanda, and Loki (the only reason Loki was on my team was because he wanted to throw a water balloon at Thor's face.)

The battle commenced and by the time we had run out of water balloons, the sun was setting, and my team reigned victory.

(Ahaha, you thought I was gonna add a mushy firework scene didn't ya)

October 31st

Grant was dressed up as The Winter Solider, upon his request, and Bucky had even pulled out his old suit so that they could match. Me on the other hand, dressed up in an animal onesie, with the beanie baby logo around my neck, there also being one around Manny's.

We took Grant from house to house, him being loaded up with candy. Bucky, Manny, and I, hung back and watched as Grant knocked on doors a few steps ahead of us.

"Bucky?" I spoke quietly and looked up at him.

"Ah! Oh, you scared me." He fake jumped and I socked him in the right shoulder gently.

"I know my face is scary, you don't have to make a scene." I smiled at him, then glanced to make sure Grant was alright, which he was.

"You are kind of scary sometimes, I almost pissed myself when you yelled at me for almost burning your house down." He laughed nervously and scratched the back of his neck, a nervous habit he had.

"I'll take that as a compliment." I held my head high and kept my slow pace.

"What did you wanna tell me, doll?" He swung our hands in between us that were locked together.