Chapter 10

Bucky's POV

Y/n was in the kitchen making dinner, while me and Grant played with Manny. The little dog had a lot of spunk to him, and it was entertaining to watch him lose in tug of war with Grant.

The TV was turned on and Y/n had it switched to a country music station so that she could cook with tunes. Me and Grant were pushing Manny around playfully as he nipped at our fingers when we heard Y/n yell a 'YES' from the kitchen. I looked at Grant with concern and was about to get up, but he stopped me by my pant leg.

"Don't interrupt her. This is her favorite song." Grant deadpanned to me.

I raised an eyebrow at him, but what he said was quickly backed up by his mother sing-yelling the song.

"I WAS DRIVING THROUGH GEORGIA IN LATE JULY! ON A DAY HOT ENOUGH TO MAKE THE DEVIL SIGH!" I snorted as I heard Y/n yelling the lyrics of the song.

(Song is 'Watermelon Crawl' by Tracy Byrd if you wanna check it out)

As I slowly walked to the kitchen, I saw Y/n stirring something in a pot, all the while having one hand in the air as she shook her hips and moved her feet to the beat of the song. I smirked as I watched her dance around the kitchen. It didn't take her long to see me, and once she did, she pulled me over to her by the front of my shirt. I raised my eyebrows in surprise as she started to dance with me, me fumbling around to match her speed.

"Well, I wasn't in a hurry, so I slowed down, took a two lane road to a one horse town. There was a party goin' on when I got there. I heard a welcome speech from a small town mayor." She was now singing with her actual voice, no longer borderline screaming.

"When the band started playin, the watermelon queen said let me show you somethin' that you ain't never seen. She grabbed me by the arm said come on lets go. She dipped down, spun around, and do-si-doed."Grant came singing in from behind me.

"She rocked back on her heels, dropped down to her knees, crawled across the floor, then she jumped
back on her feet. She wiggled and she jiggled. Beat all you ever saw.
Said this is how you do the watermelon crawl." Y/n finished the lyrics and she grabbed Grant by the hands and they rocked back and fourth in time.

I watched them with a content smile as they danced together with perfect rhythm. They must have done this a thousand times before, judging by how synchronized they were. By now I had gotten the gist of the song and joined in with them as we all sang the last verse.

"She said we got a hundred gallons of sweet red wine, made from the biggest watermelons on the vine.
Help yourself to some, but obey the law. If you drink, don't drive, do the watermelon crawl!" We all practically yelled the last verse and we all broke out into a fit of giggles.

Y/n turned back to the stove and stirred her pot once more, as well as checking something that I couldn't quite see in the oven.

"I'm assuming that you love that song for a reason.....care to tell?" I came up behind her and wrapped my arms around her middle.

"It was by best friend and I's anthem. We sang it religiously every time it came on. I even remember the line dance to it." She chuckled as she leaned back into me.

"Dallas?" I questioned as i furrowed my brows. Dallas didn't seem like he liked that sort of music.

"No......Aliah...I met her in high school. She's going to college at Austin Peay." She sighed wistfully as she held onto my arms that were still wrapped around her.