Chapter 4

Bucky's POV

I watched Y/n as she shifted around uncomfortably in her chair after Tony had asked wether or not she was really married.

"I don't see how that matters, Tony." I cut in to try to save Y/n from this situation.

"I'm actually not married. That was a ruse so that Fury wouldn't kick me out." Y/n looked down at her shoes.

"You put on a pretty good show, considering Fury didn't see right through it." Tony smirked at Y/n.

"What can I say, Dallas and I have been friends for ages, it's not the first time we've done it to save the other." She smiled briefly at me and then Tony.

"So you need a job...funny I didn't see any of you records in this state...they all came from a state down south......." Tony rounded his desk to look out the window behind it.

"We just got here Sunday. Came from western Tennessee." She spoke with confidence, sitting up a little straighter.

"What can you do?" Tony asked as he finally took a seat back down at his desk.

"I can do anything you hire me to. I didn't go to college, but I graduated high school with honors, and I can do just about anything with a little bit of teaching Mr Stark." The woman spoke as she took deep breaths.

"Are you aware that this job will put you at my beck and call almost twenty-four seven?" Tony raised a brow as he studied her body language.

"As long as I'm not cooped up in an office all day long I'll thrive Mr Stark." She spoke with a smile.

*****

Your POV

Mr Stark discussed the hours I would be working and what the job would include, as well as the pay and even going as far as discussing what to do when I was sick and how to call in.

"So when can you start?" Mr Stark looked at me questioningly.

"I could start today, but I'd have to bring my son around with me." I slouched in my chair slightly and stole a glance at Bucky.

"Me and Steve can watch him for you." Bucky cut in before Stark could say anything.

"Are you sure that it wouldn't be any trouble?" I looked at Bucky questioningly.

"It's no problem, he's a good kid, and he'll be in good hands." He smiled reassuringly at me.

****

I was running around like a mad woman, between delivering papers and checking on Grant. He seemed to be content with the two superhero's, and I knew that he would be safe with the two of them, so I tried to convince myself that he would be fine without me.

He was on summer break, and i have no idea how I managed to not go crazy by myself while he was at school. He'd be going into third grade next month, and I was nervous to say the least. I had found a nice public school for him to go to that was close to the new house, and I had spoken with a few of the teachers over the phone and from their standpoint, the children were all well-behaved.

I was standing by the printer as I waited for Stark's documents to be printed out so that I could bring them to him when I heard the patter of feet behind me. I knew those footsteps anywhere.