part twelve

The strays of sun begin to trail down my face as I try to open my eyes and adjusting the lights. The surrounding looks strange but undeniably familiar. My hands are seeking for my phone that I found after minutes of searching.

Heck, have you ever waking up with this dizzy feelings?

Its sucks. Totally sucks.

Even finding your own phone under little cushions on your head feels like a hard mission to do.

Why is the world spinning?

Wake up Avery, you need to be conscious. Last time I checked I didn't drink any alcohol or such things last night. I check the time on my phone. It's still six. How early am I.

Oh right. Clara's place.

My body felt so sore because I was laying on the couch. Not on my lovely bed. I make my way to the side drawer. After about two seconds I found a memo and a pen. I'm going to leave a note for Clara before leaving. She must be sleeping beauty right now. I climbed upstairs to her room and stick the note at the edge of the bed. Clara let out a soft snore as she continue to snuggle between her pillows.

Morning air. What's not to like about morning air?

My mind starts to get freshen as I breathe in more and more sincere oxygen in front of the entrance door. Clara's garden filled with so many lovely trees. Especially at times like this. I walk cheerfully to the gates. My lips curved to a big smile as I hum the songs I heard every morning when I was younger. Precious times. My dad used to go to my room to wake me up while singing these songs. I didn't bother to ask him what's the title of the songs, darn, I was still a three years old little girl.

No. Think about something else. Stupid dad.

"Hey sir? Can you please open up the gates?" I asked to the drowsy eyed guards. They nodded and one of them is approaching me.

"Sorry miss, do you need a ride? Its still early in the morning. Rare to find a public transportation at this hour."

I shake my head. "Uh - no, I'm good."

"You're a friend of miss Clara, right? I saw you a couple times. Come on, follow me to the car."

I paused there for a moment. This is a little foreign. Usually the guards in here always stern and unfriendly, which is drive me crazy. But apparently one of them generously offered a ride. I shrug, maybe he hit a brick of wall earlier today.

He led me to a midnight black sedan on the garage. There are bunch of cars in here, considering how wealthy my bestfriend is. I can't get over the fact that she has these expensive and luxurious cars yet she still forced me to drive her with my rubbish truck.

"Are you new here?" I intrigued him in between the ride. He took a glance to me and continue to focus on the street although there are only a couple cars in front of us.

"I think so. I started working for Redson's a week ago," he answered. "Why?"

"You do realize that the rest of the guards are acting like robots all the time? They completed orders, but I've never seen a flash smile coming from them,"

He chuckled. "I'm aware. At least they do what they gotta do, young lady."

"I'm Avery," I introduced.

"Please call me Pierre. Pleasure to meet you."

Now that explains why he talks so different. "France, huh?"

"Born and raise," he admitted.

The car stopped in front of my house after having a nice conversation with him. He seems to be in his late thirties. He has been assigned to work for the daughter of Redson's family, so I will meet him regularly in the future. Good to know.