part twenty

Fifty cents. I'm holding fifty cents I found in my back pocket to which I'm really grateful for when things like this happens under any circumstances. A piece of advice: always left your cash in your jeans every single times.

In case of situation like this, it might come out handy. Who knows I'm gonna walking on the sidewalk, holding fifty cents to my dear life, looking for certain payphone?

Yeah, what those boys said was true.

I am pathetic.

Another tears ran down on my cheeks one more time. I can hold it five minutes ago but why do the tears come back again now. I try to stop it and unfortunately it just makes me sniffling harder. I rubbed my eyes over and over again but that attempt just makes my eyes hurt.

"Fuck.... how do people stop their cries," I muttered much to myself.

People who were having dinner in the buildings look at me with sympathy behind the windows. They would put down their utensils and stare at me until they feel satisfied enough or until I walked past them. I'm pretty sure they thought of me as an homeless girl looking around for a piece of food.

To tell you the truth I'm still hungry. Hey, I haven't eat my dinner in that Jap restaurant yet.

I, regardless of those stares, keep walking in a slow pace. Maybe I just walk to my home, I thought to myself. And feel my legs fell off afterwards.

Needless to say, I'm completely screwed. I'm walking aimlessly, obviously because I have no idea about my whereabouts, in the other side of the city. My house located on the West Side while I'm wandering off around high buildings right now.

I sat in one of the bench and groaned. The surroundings around me begin to be darker and darker with each steps I take. I thought of children rules when they got lost; stay wherever you are until someone find you.

The only thing that caused the problem is.. who is that someone? I only think of Harry right now since he was always be there for me every single time.

Harry.

I put my chin in the palm of my hand, what I do everytime I start daydreaming. When it comes to Harry it will always comes to daydreaming. Only this time I wasn't smiling or grinning. What we have, I mean, what we had were the most memorable memories in my life and I can't help it when it plays and plays over again in my mind.

My high school life before I met him was a simple one. Just a girl doing daily basis and waiting for a miracle to happens before she dies. That's it.

I wanted my high school life to be completely normal. I went to school, went home, and repeat. No bullies, thankfully. One friend and it's enough. The only secret I've kept was my crush on Harry. On that famous jock who seemed to have two sides, one thing that always interests myself. I know he plays cold and intimidating when you first met him but believe me he's not that cold. He could be a dork and cocky boy whenever he's comfortable around you. And oh.

Harry Styles has the most awful jokes ever.

It's my theory. He's almost 20 for god's sakes, and he still tells me his knock knock jokes.

Never have I ever imagined myself to be lost in my own hometown. I'd been walking for god knows how long but there's no sign of payphone in this neighboorhood. I groaned loudly, putting the palm of my hands on my face.

What am I gonna do now?

I stare down at the mini café in front of me. It's not too crowded, I could count the customers in the small building with my fingers. It's now or never, I thought.