part eighteen

Two days before the annual math competition.

Exact three weeks before final examination, where I get to determine what major I would take on the upcoming year in college.

And finally, winter holiday. So much for a definition of little piece of heaven. Holiday.

I doubt I would focus on my study if Madam Rose is currently blabbering about us being unprofessional on our roles. She kept scolding us over little flaws we did, especially when we practice the intense scene.

Snow freaking White.

With the incident Caty and I had a while ago, we are in - how do I put this, the war zone. Which is actually weird, she's the one who claimed we're competing for the main role. Me, on the other hand, don't give a damn if I lose the Snow White role.

If that happen, I get to be the 'old and greedy' queen stepmother. On what I found out quite amusing. I could talk to mirrors and laugh to myself. Perfect demonstration of my daily basis.

But apparently I have to be as graceful as possible, while on the other hand, I'm such a clumsy potato.

Yeah, I just said clumsy potato.

The travesty goes on. You know the big and sultry gown on the lower part? Sadly I got to wear that. I almost tripped when I enter the stage with the real dress we're going to perform with. Real graceful, huh.

Caty have been awfully annoying the whole time, starting from dropping my drinks to the floor and said it's an accident to her defense. My impatientness have increased highly when she hid my clothes under the freaking theater's seat when I had to wear the dress. She's such a brat.

Ah. You must've know what Nate does.

He plays around, couldn't care less about the damn scripts Madam's been hard working on for the past weeks and he just say first comes in mind. It's actually not a big deal when he has perfect lines to respond but unfortunately he has the worst.

There's this one time when he got the first scene and he said, "Welcome to Vegas, everyone!"

While on the other hand, he supposed to say the name of the kingdom he lived in as a prince, the Far Far Away Kingdom. I know, a twist, it's in the Shrek movies but what the hell. Madam told him to say so. Either she's addicted to Shrek movies or she just simply run out of ideas.

In this case, drama equals disaster.

I slumped my bag in my shoulders as I begin to walk to the exit of the theater. We've been practicing for hours now, and I'm dying to get myself sink in my bed right now. Imagine if I wasn't going to be the Snow White. I could make love with my pillow an hour ago.

That is when I analyzed something. Wait... I feel like my bag isn't as heavy as usual. I scrunched my nose as I figured out what's happening. Until I open my bag, I nearly scream the devil's name.

The bag's empty.

"Caty! Are you fucking serious?" My pace went back to her direction who seemed to busying herself with a bunch of useless papers.

She looked at me with her innocent look, as usual. "What's wrong, Avery?"

"Where the hell are my stuff?"

She shrugged as her hands gestured up to the air. I ruined my hair frustatedly.

"Okay, enough with all of this crap, Caty. What is your problem with me?!" I said, holding back my anger.

"I don't like you,"

"Then just... just stay away from me! Is that even hard to do?"

She was silent, unsure of what to say. Which is good. I felt an arm draped around my shoulder and sure enough, it was Nate.